Forums

Miscellaneous

Unbalanced economy and flawed training system

Posted in General

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 23 June 2019, 21:48
Agree you cant complain about a game unless your helping funding it but once you are, I feel you can. The criticism isn't at the employee but the game. I regularly take abuse on behalf of my employers, I don't go on forums and point the finger at them. If I did i'd be sacked.

If I go into a restaurant and get served a substandard meal. Would I be ok if the chef came out and said 'so sorry, there is only me in the kitchen. pay your bill anyway'

If I get in a taxi and the driver says 'so sorry, I cant take you all the way, I haven't enough petrol but will you pay me full fare anyway'

If ole gunnar solskjaer cant get those bunch of mercenaries playing properly but says 'so sorry, I know it's not worth the ticket price to see us go on such an awful end of season run, but will you sign up for next season'

Then i'd be a mug to keeping paying up every time.

It's wrong to run the game on a shoestring and make promises that aren't delivered on, just to suck what little funds they can get out of people before they wind this game up.

I'd rather they left it as it was and spent any funds they do spend on marketing it. Get the subscribers then go from there or give up.

Dynamo FF (Idk man) 23 June 2019, 21:56
That escalated quickly smiley

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 23 June 2019, 21:58
Dynamo FF wrote:
That escalated quickly smiley
We love a 'debate' on here smiley

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 23 June 2019, 22:05
Understated Excellence wrote:

If I get in a taxi and the driver says 'so sorry, I cant take you all the way, I haven't enough petrol but will you pay me full fare anyway'

It's wrong to run the game on a shoestring and make promises that aren't delivered on, just to suck what little funds they can get out of people before they wind this game up.

I'd rather they left it as it was and spent any funds they do spend on marketing it. Get the subscribers then go from there or give up.
No, but you also don't have to get in the taxi if the taxi driver won't take you where you want to go. What promises do you feel haven't been fulfilled?

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 23 June 2019, 22:11
No Pukki No Party wrote:

No, but you also don't have to get in the taxi if the taxi driver won't take you where you want to go. What promises do you feel haven't been fulfilled?
How long have we been waiting for youth teams? Why promise something if you don't have enough staff to deliver it?

First rule of business. Under promise over deliver.
Not the other way round
I just think the game could be run more effectively

The Goon Squad (Very) 23 June 2019, 22:12
No Pukki No Party wrote:

How long have we been waiting for youth teams? Why promise something if you don't have enough staff to deliver it?

First rule of business. Under promise over deliver.
Not the other way round
I just think the game could be run more effectively
Have you read what Sunny is Going through with the joint owners? The dude is trying his best

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 23 June 2019, 22:16
Yeah I read it Vinny

We all have work problems.

He shouldn't take the criticism of the game personally.

We should still be able to voice our opinions on the game development progress.

The Goon Squad (Very) 23 June 2019, 22:18
Yeah I read it Vinny

We all have work problems.

He shouldn't take the criticism of the game personally.

We should still be able to voice our opinions on the game development progress.
Fair point

Final Whistle (join) 27 June 2019, 09:50
So I got premium again, have I now earn the rightto **** about this game?
And how premium în the first 6 months is pretty much useless?
Specifically due to the problems described in thia topic! That older player, once passed the 6 months see it normal for every new player to go through the same struggle and then wondering why the game is dying... Or at least not evolving.

Thorntondale Rovers (Ryan) 27 June 2019, 10:06
Adrianopol FC wrote:
So I got premium again, have I now earn the rightto **** about this game?
And how premium în the first 6 months is pretty much useless?
Specifically due to the problems described in thia topic! That older player, once passed the 6 months see it normal for every new player to go through the same struggle and then wondering why the game is dying... Or at least not evolving.
Every new game is a struggle until you gain experience within it, why should a new player have the same advantages and progression as others that have been playing a game for a longer period of time, irrelevant if paying or not paying?

I personally never got Premium to start with until I'd progressed enough and saved enough within the game. I studied, I researched the game, i worked my way up the divisions and only then did I get premium.

I agree this is not an easy game to progress quickly, but again why should it? Look at it the same as any MMO, you pay a monthly fee in most cases or in the classic MMO term you do and would you expect a new starter to be able to progress to the top quickly as either a paid customer or free to pay customer?

I've left and come back to the game over the years, it's an amazing game and though not for everyone, those who enjoy it and those willing to put in time and learn the mechanics of how 'this' game works (though different to other football management games, which for me i'm pleased about), will benefit and enjoy it.

Best of luck with your career on Virtual Manager.