2 - 11
Shots on target
1 - 9
Ball possession
47% -53%

Final score:
0 - 2

Tactics: Shoot on sight vs Shoot on sight
Playing with Increased tempo and Extreme Tackling.

Chances estimate:
FC Viitorul Constanta: 34.4%
Uafgjort: 28.2%
Raiders IF: 37.5%

How can he shoot 11 times compared to only 2 and of the 2 only one was an actual game highlight. I mean come onnnnn!!!
It's not the first game I lost, and I have also won matches that seemed unfair (notably this one https://www.virtualmanager.com/new_matches/72907213/summary ), but not in this manner.
The positioning of my defensive players was a joke, while his defenders were spot on despite not being correctly positioned. And the difference of chances I have never seen a poorer match!
Event the first match played away was more normal than this one: https://www.virtualmanager.com/new_matches/72906978/summary

First thought after seeing the match was: TL everything, kill the premium and log off forever.
Now what do I do?

Whittall United (Grant) 3 April 2020, 17:44
Im not sure what the problem is here?

You lost a game, it tends to happen in football.

If you can't get over the fact you are gonna lose games, then yes, its probably time you quit smiley

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 3 April 2020, 17:50
Whittall United wrote:

If you can't get over the fact you are gonna lose games, then yes, its probably time you quit smiley
I just go with the flow these days, it used to annoy me as did bad training. I've lost count of the number of times I put my whole squad on auction after bad results or bad trainings smiley

Whittall United (Grant) 3 April 2020, 17:59
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
Whittall United wrote:

I just go with the flow these days, it used to annoy me as did bad training. I've lost count of the number of times I put my whole squad on auction after bad results or bad trainings smiley
Pretty much what i do, i don't even look at how my training is going, training match on auto train smiley

As for the matches, trying to dissect them is pointless, especially with very limited info to go with, its just silly imo.

People need to remember this isn't Football Manager or any other manager game that is way more advanced than this, the info and tools to really make a difference to a team just doesn't exist within this game yet.
Pick a tactic, Pick a team, let it roll smiley

Final Whistle (join) 3 April 2020, 19:36
Whittall United wrote:

As I said the problem is not loosing, it's the manner in which I lost. This game makes no sense, and it's been a couple of months that I'm watching closely the matches and trying to tweak and experiment and sometimes I win, all good, but other times it's just a complete mess just like this one. I don't understand how is this possible. you cannot tell me that 2 teams that play the same game 1000 times they will play differently when using the same settings. that is not normal. There should be a randomness in the game but within reason. You don't see Liverpool dominated by Manchester City by 11-1 chances, like EVER!
And if sometimes it happens that one is better in a season, it's usually the home match and not the away match. This is why comparing two games side by side, the Home game was disastrous compared to the Away match, which defeats every logic.
And there weren't any "special" events like red cards or injuries, as I've lost a game this season due to that and I can accept that this can happen.

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 3 April 2020, 21:49
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
"Should I quit or what?"
> If you not getting enjoyment out of playing the game, - then probably yes you should.
And go find something else to do with your spare time.

Final Whistle (join) 3 April 2020, 21:50
SuDoku AFC wrote:
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
"Should I quit or what?"
> If you not getting enjoyment out of playing the game, - then probably yes you should.
And go find something else to do with your spare time.
I get enjoyment but also it annoys me a lot from time to time :-s
I'd also like to know that the tactical choices I select make a difference and it's not just random. So far 75% of the matches seem to go as expected while 25% go horribly wrong, at least this season.
Sometimes I make 3-4 tactics for a game (when I have time) and change it again in the last second, as it was the case with this specific game. It is why I got so angry when I saw the progression of the match, playing only on my half despite having 47% possession.
And no matter where the possession was the chances were handed only to my opponent. It was frustrating and humiliating.
I really hope after small tweaks to the youths mood and energy levels that the Match engine documentation and improvements in statistics etc are done.

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 3 April 2020, 21:55
didnt work

Lowood Mohicans (Ewan) 3 April 2020, 22:27
Stick with the game. Only time I thought it worth getting slightly stressed and tactical was when actually competing for trophies. Otherwise, take the rough with the smooth.

Final Whistle (join) 3 April 2020, 23:56
Lowood Mohicans wrote:
Stick with the game. Only time I thought it worth getting slightly stressed and tactical was when actually competing for trophies. Otherwise, take the rough with the smooth.
I understand what you're saying, and I appreciate it. I don't generally stress myself with the competition, I just try to make the best of every situation. Maybe I haven't set the best tactic for all games but I think I have refined a decent general tactic that I adapt depending on the opponent to exploit weaknesses and compensate for my own.
But there are games each season that make no sense. I can understand a few players playing poorly, I've lost countless matches due to the 2nd keeper that had 4/5 match rating so I decided to buy an older and better one until that one increases to 70-ish.
I also won a game this season despite all odds due to poor form of opponents keeper when he had 4 match rating while my MO had 10.
All this makes perfect sense, any player can get a stellar or a piss poor day.
But how is it possible not to have any chances for an entire match despite having close to 50-50 possession? This baffles me