Forums

Miscellaneous

Is this a joke or what?

Posted in General

Low Achievers (Aaron) 10 April 2020, 15:11
Don't know why you're obsessed that the game must follow the set rules you have laid out.

How boring would it be if you knew you had the 11th best team in the league and came 11th in the league at the end of the week.

You do understand how pathetic you sound when you post these things, right?

Final Whistle (join) 10 April 2020, 15:21
Low Achievers wrote:
Don't know why you're obsessed that the game must follow the set rules you have laid out.

How boring would it be if you knew you had the 11th best team in the league and came 11th in the league at the end of the week.

You do understand how pathetic you sound when you post these things, right?
I expect a game to follow the rules that it sets up, nothing more. I don't lay the rules, I only observe them and try and follow the best. If all is random what is the purpose of bothering to setup a tactic at all? Just let the game select 11 players from each team at random.

Why do you play the game? Isn't it to win games and build a virtual club? Is it just to spend some time distracted from the reality?

The only pathetic thing I heard is people not having interest in forum posts and post just to waste my time. If you have something constructive to post go ahead, if not why bother and read and reply? Not interested about my ****, move along! Nobody is forcing you to read, you can see who posted a topic before opening, so don't bother.

Is it pathetic that someone bothered to create an addon that tracks the matches played?
Is it pathetic using that to compare your team against past historic records and discover you have 25% less points than you would expect to?
Is it pathetic to try and build the best team and tactic in a game that has only purpose to do just that?

Yeah, I guess in some twisted mind it would be pathetic...

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 10 April 2020, 15:22
Keep things friendly please guys

Final Whistle (join) 10 April 2020, 15:24
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
Keep things friendly please guys

All friendly here, just frustration on the lack of results. I guess some people are more competitive than others and have higher expectations. Nothing wrong with either perspective.

Final Whistle (join) 10 April 2020, 23:07
I don't f'ing understand:
https://www.virtualmanager.com/new_matches/73142200/summary

Me 10 shoots /4 on target, opponent 4/4 despite having a lot worse Forwards.
His keeper yet again man of the match. I'm so tired of pissing against the wind!
No matter what I do seems this season is going to shit and I'll be relegated no matter what team I field or which team I encounter. Probably in a match between the first and the youth squad I'll get owned by the 30-rated team, as 'it will be boring if the results would be predictable'.
I'm disgusted, truly!

Whittall United (Grant) 11 April 2020, 02:43
For someone who wasnt bothered anymore, you sure seem bothered smiley

Like I've said before to you, because the season is played over a week, it just seems worse than it is, you are a team that should be near the bottom imo, so really not sure why you expect more?

Like someone said, the game would be boring if it was too predictable, just take the losses like a man ffs.
Swings and roundabouts fella, you'll win games you really shouldn't have and vice versa, its actually like real football in that regard smiley

Whittall United (Grant) 11 April 2020, 02:43
Double post lol

Final Whistle (join) 11 April 2020, 16:14
Whittall United wrote:
For someone who wasnt bothered anymore, you sure seem bothered smiley

Like I've said before to you, because the season is played over a week, it just seems worse than it is, you are a team that should be near the bottom imo, so really not sure why you expect more?

Like someone said, the game would be boring if it was too predictable, just take the losses like a man ffs.
Swings and roundabouts fella, you'll win games you really shouldn't have and vice versa, its actually like real football in that regard smiley
Yeah it doesn't bother me loosing a few matches, but it bothers me to be relegated and loose 1+M of ticket income.

It also bothers me if the tactics don't make an impact on the results and I waste time on that and have high hopes.
Last season I had 3 points over the expectations, I was really hoping it was due to the tactics, now having 5 under the statistics it really seems that it's all just random and that I'm just wasting my time and that is frustrating.
It also bothers me that a much weaker team is on 7th place despite having the lowest team rating overall.

Perceptions can change fast when a season is one week long indeed. But when you make some plans for a club based on goals and expectations, one relegation makes a big dent on the overall plan.

Braziliance (Bobby S) 11 April 2020, 20:41
I'm having one of those seasons mate

everything says I should have gone up this season even winning the cup last season I thought was a good indication. I added a few better players and still looks like I'm going to miss out to teams on paper who are worse and by a bit probably, obviously this is my opinion and biased lol but I really shouldn't have struggled to gain promotion. no reds or injuries this season either I can't even use that as an excuse.

Lowood Mohicans (Ewan) 11 April 2020, 21:57
It can be frustrating but I do think you need to realise you've made good progress and accept the nuances and idiosyncrasies of the game. It's a while since I was in a top division but, when I was, I often found that I had variable seasons. Sometimes, I'd do well in the league and sometimes I'd do well in the cups - it was very rare to compete in both. I think that unpredictability is a good thing. Unless you've got a top, top team that's the nature of the game.