Forums

Miscellaneous

New employee search ... - thoughts?

Posted in General

A Tribe Called Quest (xx) 1 September 2023, 12:43
FC Apollyon wrote:

They are all valid points, but the owner not participating in the day to day conversation would just take a bunch of time away from him - and that is partly where my job comes in.
I do forward him feedback, concerns, ideas, etc. I sort through the things that does not need his involvement and give him a briefer version to keep the focus on what is more important from his side.

Keep in mind that what you expect of one guy would be taking up most, if not all, of his time and there would be no development as well.

There's a team around that does most of the community work around here, so the focus can be kept.
We have an entire backlog of ideas and improvement going forward. All we need is more time and there's never enough of that.

--

Mobile app development of this magnitude would be very costly. Something unfathomable amount.
500.000 DKK (60k GBP, 70k USD) is not something you can just throw at something and hope it sticks. That would mean a lot of other things had to be cut down, like all staff, all advertisements, etc. Its just not feasible at this stage.
Not to speak about the price you'd have to give up to apple and google for subscriptions and advertisements.

Having a mobile friendly game is better suited and that's where we are headed.
The problem is that it is just one guy as you keep saying. There’s not going to be substantial improvement while it’s only one person. The only hope would be selling it to a team that know how to develop games but obviously that’s incredibly unlikely. I think most people know that the game will continue in the way that it has for years with the player base slowly dying.

A Tribe Called Quest (xx) 1 September 2023, 13:31
Anyway, I am really looking forward to this change after spending 15 minutes trawling the forums for a decent trainer to no avail…

Briggs FC (Briggs FC) 1 September 2023, 18:47
A Tribe Called Quest wrote:
FC Apollyon wrote:

They are all valid points, but the owner not participating in the day to day conversation would just take a bunch of time away from him - and that is partly where my job comes in.
I do forward him feedback, concerns, ideas, etc. I sort through the things that does not need his involvement and give him a briefer version to keep the focus on what is more important from his side.

Keep in mind that what you expect of one guy would be taking up most, if not all, of his time and there would be no development as well.

There's a team around that does most of the community work around here, so the focus can be kept.
We have an entire backlog of ideas and improvement going forward. All we need is more time and there's never enough of that.

--

Mobile app development of this magnitude would be very costly. Something unfathomable amount.
500.000 DKK (60k GBP, 70k USD) is not something you can just throw at something and hope it sticks. That would mean a lot of other things had to be cut down, like all staff, all advertisements, etc. Its just not feasible at this stage.
Not to speak about the price you'd have to give up to apple and google for subscriptions and advertisements.

Having a mobile friendly game is better suited and that's where we are headed.
The problem is that it is just one guy as you keep saying. There’s not going to be substantial improvement while it’s only one person. The only hope would be selling it to a team that know how to develop games but obviously that’s incredibly unlikely. I think most people know that the game will continue in the way that it has for years with the player base slowly dying.
It's not for sale, multiple people have enquired or tried too including myself.

It needs a team of people to work on it. Only so much can be done by one person, unfortunately.

You've been here for a long time. Not much has changed, unfortunately I don't suspect much will change in the future either.

Majority of the people don't use the forums anymore, because it's dead, the other forum is more active but yeah. Player base has dropped massively, I think it's peak is 400 -500 on a Sunday and that's about as exciting as it gets.

It's just disappointing.considering how it was 5-10 years ago.

Newcastle U FC (Rolf Bergström) 4 September 2023, 12:21
Still scheduled to launch today???

FC Apollyon (Liam - CM) Community Manager 4 September 2023, 13:12
Newcastle U FC wrote:
Still scheduled to launch today???
Yes.

Newcastle U FC (Rolf Bergström) 4 September 2023, 18:07
I dearly hope that the new staff recruitment mechanism, introduced today, will be fair and transparent and will bring to an end the egregiousness of the old system, and its exploitation which has been so wrong for so many reasons.

Not just the craziness of having to search through dozens and dozens of pages of lists for trainers (eye-hurting as it is) that almost certainly won't in any case be there (as they will have already been hoovered up and posted by 1 or 2 players overnight as soon as the available trainer lists refresh), but also having to follow these particular players' odious, constant barrage of messages as your only hope of beating everyone else to the best trainers that they already, selflessly took on board the onerous duty (!) of identifying (for you) in advance to those super lucky people following all their swarms of notification updates. A complete and utter farce which the developers have known about for at least 6 months and have done nothing about until today's (sadly much belated) fix.

So VM, my heartfelt and truly sincere congratulations on fixing this mess (if as seems so far that you have), for which you have my very great thanks and appreciation. I am so happy that you have listened to your customers and made VM a better place. A breath of fresh air indeed. smiley Well done.

Kindest regards, Rolf.

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 4 September 2023, 18:21
& here's the launch Blog, in case anyone missed it:
https://www.virtualmanager.com/blog/1115-new-employee-search-is-now-live

Perinthos (ReallyOldGuy) 4 September 2023, 23:36
Got my first results back. 15,000 C and a 6 hour wait for 5 trainers with poorer stats than all of my existing trainers. Bit much hoping for something better that 20 youth / 17 outfield. I guess it's back to spending hours scrolling through lists if I feel the need to upgrade.

I did get offered a 20 youth / 19 keeper but I have a 20 / 20 in that spot.

Perinthos (ReallyOldGuy) 4 September 2023, 23:38
Newcastle U FC wrote:
... A complete and utter farce which the developers have known about for at least 6 months and have done nothing about until today's (sadly much belated) fix ...
At least six years

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 4 September 2023, 23:49
Perinthos wrote:
I guess it's back to spending hours scrolling through lists if I feel the need to upgrade.
I think not ...
as I understand this now, you can only sign staff from the new search offers.
Anyone you find by whatever other means will not have a contract option available.