Forums

Miscellaneous

New employee search ... - thoughts?

Posted in General

Newcastle U FC (Rolf Bergström) 4 September 2023, 23:58
Are you able to confirm Sudoku if the original plan to ban 20 x 20 trainers as part of this new staff search methodology was in the end actioned, (despite the fairly unanimous disappointment of such an approach from the player community)? Or if it is still technically possible to find a new 20 x 20 trainer in the game? Only it should I think be clarified as if you have 20 x 19 trainers, there is no point spending time and money to look for a 20 x 20 one if they don't exist any more. Yes?
Thanks
Rolf

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 5 September 2023, 00:11
Sorry Rolf, I have no more knowledge on that than you do.

It seems from what I've read so far that the vast majority of the trainers at least being found by the new search are not what most people will be trying to find.

Personally, so long as everyone is now on the same level playing field - which does seem to be the case - then I see that as better than what we had before.
But, if the vast majority of staff will not be of the best variety then I see the good new search being a big let down, unfortunately.

At the end of the day, whatever search method is used, if there are massively insufficient numbers of good staff in the system, then no-one will be able to have them. And I see that as a backward step, not progress.

If on the other hand the numbers of 20x20 etc staff are increased over time and are available to be found under this new search system, then I would see that as a big plus for the game smiley

I suppose only time will tell ...

Perinthos (ReallyOldGuy) 5 September 2023, 00:11
SuDoku AFC wrote:
Perinthos wrote:
I guess it's back to spending hours scrolling through lists if I feel the need to upgrade.
I think not ...
as I understand this now, you can only sign staff from the new search offers.
Anyone you find by whatever other means will not have a contract option available.
You're right. The old system has disappeared. I guess I'm stuck with my existing trainers. Luckily they're all really young.
I would have liked one more good youth trainer to target stats for an individual player. I can, and will (reluctantly) manage without.

Newcastle U FC (Rolf Bergström) 5 September 2023, 00:18
Thank you

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 5 September 2023, 00:20
I do foresee some of the more wealthy managers throwing loads of Credits (& for some VM Tickets too) at the new search system, - unless there is some limit on how many times we can use each search option per week ... - which I'm not aware of yet ...
That would eventually result in a small number of clubs still having the best staff, but, with the results I've seen so far, that looks like it'd be a massive and expensive job!

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 5 September 2023, 01:07
After a 6 hr wait not a single trainer worth even considering hiring, in that time I could have found an army 20 outfield trainers and plenty with better stats on the staff lists than the garbage I just received from quite frankly badly thought-out new system which seems all style and no substance

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 5 September 2023, 01:21
the simple and only solution is to created more supply than demand for 20 x 20 trainers and other permutations of staff or issue a fixed amount as part of the subscriptions and restore the lists most clubs will be happy with 10 staff problem solved.

Briggs FC (Briggs FC) 5 September 2023, 01:31
Just checked my job applications, none that i actually want.

Suggested was Youth players 13-17... No thanks lol I'll go without.

10/10 for the AI Staff pictures though, I'd like to see that incorporated thoughtout the game and maybe a extra background/border for for talents/wonderkids so they stand out more

FC Deluga (Deluga) Forum moderator 5 September 2023, 08:08
Coptic Titans wrote:
the simple and only solution is to created more supply than demand for 20 x 20 trainers and other permutations of staff or issue a fixed amount as part of the subscriptions and restore the lists most clubs will be happy with 10 staff problem solved.
This is a bad solution. If there is more supply than demand of 20 x 20 trainers, it would be pointless to even being able to hire trainers, might aswell just make them part of the clubs as there would be no difference at all.
For many years people have been used to only having 20 x 20 trainers, and anything less is bad. It's true that a 20 x 19 trainer is worse than a 20 x 20, but the difference is very small.
We need to get used to the fact that at the current state we have to settle with trainers that aren't 20 x 20, it sucks, but it shouldn't make that much difference in the game, as said, the difference is very small.
Coptic Titans wrote:
After a 6 hr wait not a single trainer worth even considering hiring, in that time I could have found an army 20 outfield trainers and plenty with better stats on the staff lists than the garbage I just received from quite frankly badly thought-out new system which seems all style and no substance
Best I've received is a 20 youth and 19 goalkeeping, not a trainer that I need, but not bad either. We gotta remember that this system is new, and given the fact that there aren't many available 20 x 20 right now, the chances of finding one is very very slim. It might take some time, before we see trainers with those stats. Remember that the staff market, has been vacuuum'd for all the good trainers, so there need to be generated more. Over time there will be "many" good trainers in the market.

FC Apollyon (Liam - CM) Community Manager 5 September 2023, 08:18
20x20, 2020x are still found by this new system.

Remember this is the first few days of this new system, so there might be kinks and bugs to be ironed out.
We will take feedback in and talk about it in the coming time.

You might not find an good trainer in each run, but you will get some applicants.
It could also take a few searches to find some proper staff.