Forums

Miscellaneous

Old -> New Conversion

Posted in General

Johns Army (John) Forum moderator 31 March 2015, 14:20
Rhythm FC wrote:
Johns Army wrote:
Okay so he had different increases... Which gave the same 159% total increase BUT gave different results before 4.73 and 5.34.... On your chart 160% is 5.13 but one of the 159% trains gave 5.34 which is bigger than 160%/5.13... So the chart is not accurate?
tbh im not sure what you mean here
I'm on about that player still smiley

159% - 4.73:

Speed - +53%
Acceleration - +60%
Stamina - +46%

159% - 5.34:

Speed - +46%
Acceleration - +48%
Stamina - +66%

Different increases but the same overall +159% score but different trainings 4.73 & 5.34.

On your chart 160% = 5.13 and you have one of the 159% trains hit 5.34 while another hits 4.73... So if we get +159% again what score do we go on? As that's three different results for the same overall training increase. smiley

Rhythm FC (MMM) 31 March 2015, 14:46
** Please read this carefully **

Here's a more thorough reasoning why you cant use an Aerobics train with different stat gains as a conversion (eg Aerboic train total = 100% where 40% Speed .. 37% Acceleration .. 23% Stamina ect ect ect) :

The only way to explain it is by looking at the old stats->new abilities conversion. Here are the old stats which used to convert to new abilities:

ABILITIES ............OLD STATS

Speed = ((Acceleration + Fitness)/2) / 3.2
Acceleration = Acceleration / 3.2
Stamina = (Fitness + Stamina)/2 / 3.2

NOTE: the division by 3.2 (i used to use 3.18 but different toilet same sh*t) is to convert old stats into abilities. (eg it would take an increase of 3.2 in the old acceleration stat in order to increase the acceleration ability by one)

A train in Aerobics would only give increases in the old stats of acceleration, fitness and stamina.

If you actually do the math here, you can see that a training score of 3 on Aerobics would give 1 old stat increase each in acceleration fitness and stamina.

convert that into abilities and you would get roughly a 31% increase in each of the three abilities (speed, acceleration, stamina)

now here's the problem

If look close enough at the new training chart and hover over Aerobic trains, you will see that there is not a homogeneous split between speed acceleration and stamina

Why is that? because training system (for some reason) used to randomize the distribution of a training score.
Example: a training score of 3 could increase the old stamina stat 2 and only increase the old acceleration and fitness stats by 0.5 each. This would cause a larger increase in the Stamina ability and a smaller increase in Speed and Acceleration.

"Yep. I get what you're saying but I still dont see the problem" you're probably thinking.

Lets see what happens when we convert the aforementioned train into abilities and display it as a +%

Speed = ((Acceleration + Fitness)/2) / 3.2 = ((0.5 +0.5)/2) / 3.2 = 16 % increase in the Speed ability
Acceleration = Acceleration / 3.2 = 0.5 / 3.2 = 16 % increase in the Acceleration ability
Stamina = (Fitness + Stamina)/2 / 3.2 = (0.5 + 2)/2) / 3.2 = 39% increase in the Stamina ability

TOTAL +% increase = 71%

Now lets compare that to a homogeneous train with same magnitude

Speed = ((Acceleration + Fitness)/2) / 3.2 = ((1 + 1)/2) / 3.2 = 31 % increase in the Speed ability
Acceleration = Acceleration / 3.2 = 1 / 3.2 = 31 % increase in the Acceleration ability
Stamina = (Fitness + Stamina)/2 / 3.2 = (1 + 1)/2) / 3.2 = 31% increase in the Stamina ability

TOTAL +% increase = 93%

You see the problem now with using Aerobic trains without identical distributions??

I'm not answering questions on this because, as you can appreciate, I've spent half an hour writing this explanation and I've got some work to be doing smiley

Thank you

FC Clock Face (The Special One) Forum moderator 31 March 2015, 14:53

So am I understanding this correctly, your last post explains to us why your conversion table doesn't work?

Deleted club 31 March 2015, 14:53
Rhythm FC wrote:
** Please read this carefully **

Thank you
Ta Da!

Rhythm FC (MMM) 31 March 2015, 15:04
FC Clock Face wrote:

So am I understanding this correctly, your last post explains to us why your conversion table doesn't work?
I didnt want to answer questions but this is a decent question because i didnt explain properly .. so I'll answer

No, it explains how you can use an old Aerobic train which has a homogeneous distribution across the three ability areas to convert between percentage gains (new system) and the old training points system

Johns Army (John) Forum moderator 31 March 2015, 15:40
Can you show us a player you used to work out the new training conversions?

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 31 March 2015, 16:01
Am I missing something ! why do you need to convert from old to new and vice versa seems such a waste of an aguement .

FC Stoke (Rich) 31 March 2015, 16:04
Coptic Titans wrote:
Am I missing something ! why do you need to convert from old to new and vice versa seems such a waste of an aguement .
Why wouldn't you want to convert? At the moment we have no idea how good a player is using percentages...well until we get used to them...

So just say I buy a new 5 day old youth...how do I know what he is averaging when I don't have a comparison?

Rhythm FC (MMM) 31 March 2015, 16:21
Johns Army wrote:
Can you show us a player you used to work out the new training conversions?
Just find any player with an Aerobics train that *shows (*be aware that you are seeing rounded values) an identical split in ability gain.

Im sure you can find many loads by sifting through a few players

Deleted club 31 March 2015, 17:26
FC Stoke wrote:
Why wouldn't you want to convert? At the moment we have no idea how good a player is using percentages...well until we get used to them...

So just say I buy a new 5 day old youth...how do I know what he is averaging when I don't have a comparison?
A good player has 30+ ability points per birthday, just as a good player used to have 100 points per birthday...unless you are not converting to old stats anymore