Forums

Miscellaneous

Old -> New Conversion

Posted in General

Deleted club 31 March 2015, 19:14
Rhythm FC wrote:
you're forgetting that under the new system introduced yesterday, player's abilities will increase more than they did beforehand.

the players you are comparing to have been trained on the old system where it was harder to increase abilities

you will get a false value
Im not forgetting anything at all.

It doesnt matter if a player was trained under new stats, old stats or with a straw stuck up his bottom, he stats are exactly what his stats are and his current value is based on what his stats are. If a player reaches that target then thats what he will be worth.

Values will change over time, but then they have always changed over time. A 25 year old with 500 stats is not woirth the same as a 25 year old with 500 stats was a year ago, or whenever the new stats came in. Values change all the time, which is why they are only ever estimations

Its like saying Pele is the greatest goalscorer of all time because he scored xyz goals. Your counter argument may be that the quality of keeper was poorer back then, but thats irrelevant as Pele still put the ball in the back of the net xyz number of times.

Rhythm FC (MMM) 31 March 2015, 19:16
park lions fc wrote:

still trying to find out what 203% converts to smiley..bloody politcians smiley

the answer above appeared just before me, but either using the calculation or the chart gave a reasonably close answer
rounding errors

6.48 -> 202.5% which gets rounded to 203%

Rhythm FC (MMM) 31 March 2015, 19:32
Sky Blue Pink Chicks wrote:
Rhythm FC wrote:
you're forgetting that under the new system introduced yesterday, player's abilities will increase more than they did beforehand.

the players you are comparing to have been trained on the old system where it was harder to increase abilities

you will get a false value
Im not forgetting anything at all.

It doesnt matter if a player was trained under new stats, old stats or with a straw stuck up his bottom, he stats are exactly what his stats are and his current value is based on what his stats are. If a player reaches that target then thats what he will be worth.
You do realise that similar quality players trained over the same amount of time will have more abilities under the new system than players trained the old system ... right?

players who hit the same benchmarks under the new system will be worth less than players who hit the benchmark under the old system - cant argue with that

Rhythm FC (MMM) 31 March 2015, 19:36
FC Stoke wrote:
FC Clock Face wrote:
FC Stoke wrote:

This is my point Ben...without comparing there is nothing to go off...

Am I being stupid or am I missing something when it comes to the training side of it?
No you're not missing anything mate. You are right that without knowing what a % means in relation to old stats we can't appraise a player after 5 trains anymore. This will need a good few weeks before we can be sure.
The chart knocking about is a reasonable stab at it as far as I can tell but it isn't 100% accurate and I certainly wouldn't spend over a mil on a player based on what it tells me but that's just me.

Basically I think all we can do is sit tight, don't buy or sell any significant quality players, and just wait a couple of weeks,
I agree with this Daz...sit tight unless you know it is a bargain lol...

And yeh the chart seems pretty good in all honesty and I appreciate the folk who have gone to the time and effort to produce it and share it...

My scouts reports will be interesting tomorrow smiley
i see it as a buying market atm kind of like after the 2008 financial crash smiley

FC Stoke (Rich) 31 March 2015, 19:45
Rhythm FC wrote:
FC Stoke wrote:
FC Clock Face wrote:
FC Stoke wrote:

This is my point Ben...without comparing there is nothing to go off...

Am I being stupid or am I missing something when it comes to the training side of it?
No you're not missing anything mate. You are right that without knowing what a % means in relation to old stats we can't appraise a player after 5 trains anymore. This will need a good few weeks before we can be sure.
The chart knocking about is a reasonable stab at it as far as I can tell but it isn't 100% accurate and I certainly wouldn't spend over a mil on a player based on what it tells me but that's just me.

Basically I think all we can do is sit tight, don't buy or sell any significant quality players, and just wait a couple of weeks,
I agree with this Daz...sit tight unless you know it is a bargain lol...

And yeh the chart seems pretty good in all honesty and I appreciate the folk who have gone to the time and effort to produce it and share it...

My scouts reports will be interesting tomorrow smiley
i see it as a buying market atm kind of like after the 2008 financial crash smiley
I have a feeling that folk will be that unsure of values that there maybe some bargains out there smiley

Deleted club 31 March 2015, 20:03
Rhythm FC wrote:
You do realise that similar quality players trained over the same amount of time will have more abilities under the new system than players trained the old system ... right?
I am aware of that and that is approx 0% relevant to my earlier point.

If you can predict that your 15 year old will have 300 abilities at age 25, and you go out and find a 25 year old with 300 abilaites then thats a fair comparison. You dont go looking for a 25 year old with 200 ability points, or 400 points just because he trained under the old system.

So, I repeat, a player aged 25 with 300 ability points will actually have 300 points wether he trained under the old system, the new system or with a stick up his backside. Do you get it? 300 is 300 is 300 is 300.

Rhythm FC (MMM) 31 March 2015, 20:12
Rhythm FC wrote:
I am aware of that and that is approx 0% relevant to my earlier point.

If you can predict that your 15 year old will have 300 abilities at age 25, and you go out and find a 25 year old with 300 abilaites then thats a fair comparison. You dont go looking for a 25 year old with 200 ability points, or 400 points just because he trained under the old system.

So, I repeat, a player aged 25 with 300 ability points will actually have 300 points wether he trained under the old system, the new system or with a stick up his backside. Do you get it? 300 is 300 is 300 is 300.
Let's agree to disagree

Deleted club 31 March 2015, 20:30
Rhythm FC wrote:
Let's agree to disagree
Not really because Ill end up looking stupid, as usual when in fact you are going on about soemthing else. The last time this happened everyone told me how wrong I was, so I dropped it and now, six months later people are saying "Actually, Penny was right"

Right this is what Im saying

Lets say you create a player today and he trains at a rate of 100%. Thats an increase of 1 point per day.
So, its a fair guess that his APPROXIMATE abilities will total be 300 when he hits 25.
Correct?

So, we go hunting for a 25 year old with total abilities of 300 and I have no idea what players are worth these days, so lest suppose we find 3 players, all bang on 300 abilities and theur values are 500k, 750k and 3 million. So its a fair assumption that our man COULD be worth approx 1 a million when he is 25.

So, the following week, his training remains the same so we go hunting for said 25 year old with 300 abilities. We only find 2 today and they are valued at 1 million and the other at 1.25 million. So, a value of about a million still looks good?

Next week we do the same but this time we find 5 players, all valued at around 5 million.
Would you still consider your players value at 1 million.

Lijke I said, it makes no difference what the rating of the player is, wether he trained in old or new system, a player aged 25 with 300 abilities is a player aged 25 with 300 abilities.

But like I said 6 months ago, if someone doesnt agree with me they are entitled to do things their way and Ill do things my way and Il see you in 6 months time.

Now, where was I six months ago....hmmm, division 3 with about half the cash I have now and a smaller stadium than I have now and a more expensive team than I have now.

FC Stoke (Rich) 31 March 2015, 20:35
Rhythm FC wrote:
Let's agree to disagree
Now, where was I six months ago....hmmm, division 3 with about half the cash I have now and a smaller stadium than I have now and a more expensive team than I have now.
Comparisons? Really? Lol

Deleted club 31 March 2015, 20:49
Plenty of reading materials on here tonight. Is it public holidays in England this week?