Forums

Miscellaneous

Old -> New Conversion

Posted in General

FC Stoke (Rich) 31 March 2015, 17:49
Sky Blue Pink Chicks wrote:
FC Stoke wrote:
Why wouldn't you want to convert? At the moment we have no idea how good a player is using percentages...well until we get used to them...

So just say I buy a new 5 day old youth...how do I know what he is averaging when I don't have a comparison?
A good player has 30+ ability points per birthday, just as a good player used to have 100 points per birthday...unless you are not converting to old stats anymore
So first 5 trains say for instance how do I know if the player is averaging 7+ or 8+ (Old stats) on WCTF with no comparisons?

Deleted club 31 March 2015, 17:52
FC Stoke wrote:
So first 5 trains say for instance how do I know if the player is averaging 7+ or 8+ (Old stats) on WCTF with no comparisons?
There are no old stats anymore, they have gone as far as I can tell

But based on my last post Im sure you can work it out smiley

100 old stats per birthday used to be considered good
30 ability points new per birthday is considered good

This is based on my "average growth in players" chart that I published months and months ago

FC Stoke (Rich) 31 March 2015, 17:56
FC Stoke wrote:

This is based on my "average growth in players" chart that I published months and months ago
What has any of this got to do with a players training average?

I buy players mainly on training averages not on rating...rating can be worked on training averages can't...

Deleted club 31 March 2015, 18:09
FC Stoke wrote:
A huge amount actually

But Ill be honest with you. If you havent got it after constant explaining then I dont believe you will ever get it without the need for someone else posting a rather negative comment.

Mail me if you really need a full explaination.

FC Stoke (Rich) 31 March 2015, 18:18
FC Stoke wrote:
A huge amount actually

But Ill be honest with you. If you havent got it after constant explaining then I dont believe you will ever get it without the need for someone else posting a rather negative comment.

Mail me if you really need a full explaination.
Lol...so I want to buy a player after 5 trains...say averaging 203%...now I am not sure how good this is...say on the old decimal training this was 7.5 depending on position I could pay £50m...

Now say I am not sure if that figure is an average of 7 or 8 on the old training when comparing with the new...so now I could be paying anywhere from £30m to £80m

So you telling me what the player will gain in abilities per bday will help me work that out?

All I want to know is what that 203% is equal to?

If you can work this out then I apologise but looking at any of this thread that hasn't been explained without use of a comparison chart...

Bayern Munich (Benjamin) 31 March 2015, 18:18

Is "good" really the way to put it? 100 stats per birthday before was an average of 3.33, no? That's not particularly show-stopping. Wouldn't 140-150 stats per month have been a better definition of good?

Similarly, 140%-150% average doesn't seem like it's going to be that hard to achieve, so wouldn't 40-45 stats per month now be more reasonable?

FC Stoke (Rich) 31 March 2015, 18:24
Ajax wrote:

Is "good" really the way to put it? 100 stats per birthday before was an average of 3.33, no? That's not particularly show-stopping. Wouldn't 140-150 stats per month have been a better definition of good?

Similarly, 140%-150% average doesn't seem like it's going to be that hard to achieve, so wouldn't 40-45 stats per month now be more reasonable?
This is my point Ben...without comparing there is nothing to go off...

Am I being stupid or am I missing something when it comes to the training side of it?

Eddlethorpe Town FC (Darren Hopwood) 31 March 2015, 18:25
Am i right in seeing that keepers cannot train with the outfields players now, they need to be trained on their own with another trainer?

Cheers,
Daz

Deleted club 31 March 2015, 18:28
Ajax wrote:

Sorry, my bad, when I said Average Growth, I actually meant "reasonable Growth"

However, I did also put in a disclaimer to say that reasonable could alter. For example, if we get to the point where the majority of clubs gain WCTF then more is expected to become reasonable, but if lots of WCTF clubs quit the game then what is considered reasonable growth could decrease.

My players have been developing at a "reasonable" rate and I got my team to 3 seasons in division 2. As more youths develope through to the first team I expect to be able to maintain a division 2 slot for longer.

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 31 March 2015, 18:31
FC Stoke wrote:
FC Stoke wrote:

I buy players mainly on training averages not on rating...rating can be worked on training averages can't...
Has nothing to do with it mate. There is no exact way of knowing without comparison from old to new what a player is worth after 5 trains until we at least get used to the new percentages.