Forums

Miscellaneous

New employee search ... - thoughts?

Posted in General

Albania FC (Erik Ten Hag) 12 September 2023, 20:08
How fing dumb is the new scout and trainer thing I wanted to sign a trainer from my other search but now I can’t even go back and sign them because the search is gone like wtf whats the point

FC Apollyon (Liam - CM) Community Manager 12 September 2023, 20:40
Albania FC wrote:
How fing dumb is the new scout and trainer thing I wanted to sign a trainer from my other search but now I can’t even go back and sign them because the search is gone like wtf whats the point
They are locked to you for 24 hours after their job application.. after that they go out and can be found be someone else again.

A Tribe Called Quest (xx) 12 September 2023, 21:27
It’s a good idea in practice because trawling through those forum posts was mind numbing but I’ve been spamming it since it went live and I’m yet to find a 20x20 and I can’t remember the last time I even got a 19x20.

A Tribe Called Quest (xx) 25 September 2023, 19:09
17 searches in the past 2 weeks at a cost of 255000. I’ve found 1 19/19 GK trainer and no outfield trainers better than 18/18. Christ smiley

Briggs FC (Briggs FC) 25 September 2023, 19:30
Definitely needs work.

The Wrecking Crew (Gonzo) 25 September 2023, 20:48
I have been doing 3 searches a day since its onset, and have yet to sign anyone with quality stats. I will continue to do it just to see how many searches and how many hundreds of thousands of credits I spend before I do find a suitable trainer to sign. The closest I have come is a couple of 19/20 Keeper trainers, both in their late 50s and early 60s. If there were managers thinking of leaving the game before all this came out, this system will surely push them out the door. And any new managers won`t stick around long once they calculate the costs to get VM Premium, upgrade training grounds, and the difficulty in finding decent trainers.

Sockport County (Geoffrey) 25 September 2023, 23:19
Read a few comments on this post. Im back starting over again after 8 years. I am on day 6 of my return. No longer have my WCTF. Formally known as Dukinfield Town FC. Really enjoying being back here. Recognise a lot of faces still here.

While I can use this game quite effectively on my tablet in a web browser it doesn't advertise the game very well. When people look for games they look in app stores. I've been watching the numbers of people online at different times of day since I have been back and its a bit disappointing. It could be a lot better. Unless I'm wearing rose tinted glasses I am sure this game was a lot more active.

If it cost a bit extra a month for premium I would rather pay it to get more people on the game.

I didn't have a smart phone or tablet back then. As much as I held back I had to get with the times.

Briggs FC (Briggs FC) 26 September 2023, 00:34
Sockport County wrote:
Read a few comments on this post. Im back starting over again after 8 years. I am on day 6 of my return. No longer have my WCTF. Formally known as Dukinfield Town FC. Really enjoying being back here. Recognise a lot of faces still here.

While I can use this game quite effectively on my tablet in a web browser it doesn't advertise the game very well. When people look for games they look in app stores. I've been watching the numbers of people online at different times of day since I have been back and its a bit disappointing. It could be a lot better. Unless I'm wearing rose tinted glasses I am sure this game was a lot more active.

If it cost a bit extra a month for premium I would rather pay it to get more people on the game.

I didn't have a smart phone or tablet back then. As much as I held back I had to get with the times.
Welcome back!

It was a hell of a lot busier back in those days. We seem to be averaging 200-400 a day now. Mainly busier on Sundays.

No plans for any app development due to costs but they say they're looking into making it more mobile friendly so hopefully that comes out at some point in the near future.

There is also a discord (unofficial) which is pretty active with the Danish but hopefully more UK users join it too

Sockport County (Geoffrey) 26 September 2023, 01:14
Briggs FC wrote:

Welcome back!

It was a hell of a lot busier back in those days. We seem to be averaging 200-400 a day now. Mainly busier on Sundays.

No plans for any app development due to costs but they say they're looking into making it more mobile friendly so hopefully that comes out at some point in the near future.

There is also a discord (unofficial) which is pretty active with the Danish but hopefully more UK users join it too
Thanks

I think some parts of the game would be hard to make user friendly on a mobile phone. It could work but tedious. I've been using Amazon Fire 10 sometimes it works perfectly fine. My 4yr old sons actually he is not happy about it smiley. Mobile is probably too small a screen to be useful as the main way to play. It could provide some useful features though.

People wont play the game if they never heard of it. It's not listed anywhere. How I found it can't remember. I think it was an advert at bottom of a forum post about football strategy games. That is 10yrs ago. Today I wouldn't find it.

Sockport County (Geoffrey) 26 September 2023, 02:48
I don't know where discord is but I gone from playing 2 and 3 rated or non fielded players to this

https://www.virtualmanager.com/clubs/157348/players

I've been here before I can work it out. There is no introduction to the game. I am seeing it from a new person again.