Forums

Miscellaneous

New employee search ... - thoughts?

Posted in General

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 26 September 2023, 02:51
Sockport County wrote:
Read a few comments on this post. Im back starting over again after 8 years. I am on day 6 of my return. No longer have my WCTF. Formally known as Dukinfield Town FC. Really enjoying being back here. Recognise a lot of faces still here.

While I can use this game quite effectively on my tablet in a web browser it doesn't advertise the game very well. When people look for games they look in app stores. I've been watching the numbers of people online at different times of day since I have been back and its a bit disappointing. It could be a lot better. Unless I'm wearing rose tinted glasses I am sure this game was a lot more active.

If it cost a bit extra a month for premium I would rather pay it to get more people on the game.

I didn't have a smart phone or tablet back then. As much as I held back I had to get with the times.
Welcome back to the game Geoffrey it is a real shame you lost your W,C,T ,F and had to start afresh, however, your progress should be easier in going up the divisions with less active clubs but on the downside quick flipping is way harder than before you left the game . I wish you good luck and quick ascent with your new club .

Sockport County (Geoffrey) 26 September 2023, 02:58
Coptic Titans wrote:

Welcome back to the game Geoffrey it is a real shame you lost your W,C,T ,F and had to start afresh, however, your progress should be easier in going up the divisions with less active clubs but on the downside quick flipping is way harder than before you left the game . I wish you good luck and quick ascent with your new club .
I remember your club. I'm not bothered about losing the WCTF. Its nice to start again. Think I am doing very well for 6 days in. I've noticed its harder to trade but I am doing better than last time. Not done bad today but I had to work for it.

Sorry this is turning into off topic.

A Z Magma (floki) 26 September 2023, 17:15
employee search another bizarre decision in the running of this game

waste of time not even that important

Briggs FC (Briggs FC) 26 September 2023, 18:34
And apparently the majority like this update...

Yeah right.

Sockport County (Geoffrey) 26 September 2023, 18:39
Briggs FC wrote:
And apparently the majority like this update...

Yeah right.
I remember sleepless nights looking for trainers. I've yet to say if this is better. Trawling page after page of rubbish. I've bought one but I wont renew his contract. Wage bill is not worth it to me.

Briggs FC (Briggs FC) 26 September 2023, 18:43
I'd rather have the option to look through the pages at my own free will rather than pay, wait six hours to be utterly disappointed.

In my opinion it's just another ploy to buy tickets and use the 30 minute search costing £10k + 10 tickets. I'm sure they'll disagree though.

Sockport County (Geoffrey) 26 September 2023, 18:44
Briggs FC wrote:
I'd rather have the option to look through the pages at my own free will rather than pay, wait six hours to be utterly disappointed.

In my opinion it's just another ploy to buy tickets and use the 30 minute search costing £10k + 10 tickets. I'm sure they'll disagree though.
Tickets I wont buy. I pay to play the game. It should be one price and a fair game.

Briggs FC (Briggs FC) 26 September 2023, 18:49
I've bought tickets, but there is literally a couple of things to spend them on so it's utterly pointless.

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 26 September 2023, 19:16
Absolutely no way would I use the Tickets search, but, in fairness, no-one has to. Those who choose to are welcome to. Thank goodness there is no benefit in terms of the quality of the staff being found by doing so!
Just like the game as a whole, = it's free to play if that's what anyone wants - and I really think that's Great!

I'm still on the fence with this.
I was quite happy searching for staff the old way - when there were 20x20 trainers to be found.

When I joined this game the Gold Standard trainers were 20x20x20. People would happily pay heavily one way or another to get hold of them.
Over time they became so few and far between that people stopped even talking about them.

Once All the new 20x20 trainers were being signed & then dished out by a tiny handful of managers it became impossible to find even one using the old staff search = meaning the majority of managers who don't use the forums were wasting hours searching for something that just wasn't available. That wasn't acceptable and needed addressing.

This new search is fine by me TBH, it seems a much fairer way of doing things, but, I will only be happy with it IF there end up being enough 20x20, or at least 19x19 trainers available to be signed.

If insufficient are over time created, this will feel like "Pay More, to Get Less, and we should Be Happy About It". That would leave a very sour taste in my mouth, but I'll give it time before I decide how I feel.

A Tribe Called Quest (xx) 27 September 2023, 07:50
SuDoku AFC wrote:
Absolutely no way would I use the Tickets search, but, in fairness, no-one has to. Those who choose to are welcome to. Thank goodness there is no benefit in terms of the quality of the staff being found by doing so!
Just like the game as a whole, = it's free to play if that's what anyone wants - and I really think that's Great!

I'm still on the fence with this.
I was quite happy searching for staff the old way - when there were 20x20 trainers to be found.

When I joined this game the Gold Standard trainers were 20x20x20. People would happily pay heavily one way or another to get hold of them.
Over time they became so few and far between that people stopped even talking about them.

Once All the new 20x20 trainers were being signed & then dished out by a tiny handful of managers it became impossible to find even one using the old staff search = meaning the majority of managers who don't use the forums were wasting hours searching for something that just wasn't available. That wasn't acceptable and needed addressing.

This new search is fine by me TBH, it seems a much fairer way of doing things, but, I will only be happy with it IF there end up being enough 20x20, or at least 19x19 trainers available to be signed.

If insufficient are over time created, this will feel like "Pay More, to Get Less, and we should Be Happy About It". That would leave a very sour taste in my mouth, but I'll give it time before I decide how I feel.
I think it’s a good idea but like you said they need to increase the standard of the trainers.