Forums

Miscellaneous

Instagram?

Posted in Off Topic

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 14 December 2018, 20:05
Champione wrote:
No Pukki No Party wrote:
Skype and whatsapp are not social networks and most people wouldnt consider them social media. In context of conversation about meeting randoms online, they dont really apply as they dont have the random element.
Just because you don't meet random people doesn't make it not a social media
It does in the context of this entire conversation. If you want to engage in pedantry then fine, but it was pretty clear the conversation was about facebook, insta, twitter, SC etc. Not apps that serve a totally different purpose.

Champione (Rich) 14 December 2018, 20:13
No Pukki No Party wrote:
Champione wrote:
No Pukki No Party wrote:
Skype and whatsapp are not social networks and most people wouldnt consider them social media. In context of conversation about meeting randoms online, they dont really apply as they dont have the random element.
Just because you don't meet random people doesn't make it not a social media
It does in the context of this entire conversation. If you want to engage in pedantry then fine, but it was pretty clear the conversation was about facebook, insta, twitter, SC etc. Not apps that serve a totally different purpose.
Changing the context doesn't change what the thing is used for. WhatsApp and Skype don't server totally different purposes. All in all a social media is used to communicate and share content. Anyway we digress. Back on topic?

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 14 December 2018, 20:15
Theres no digression, youre just moving the goalposts. Nobody on my whatsapp has ever sent me a picture of their dinner. Nor do i have a whatsapp list full of randoms ive never met. They are entirely different purpose to facebook etc

Champione (Rich) 14 December 2018, 20:37
No Pukki No Party wrote:
Theres no digression, youre just moving the goalposts. Nobody on my whatsapp has ever sent me a picture of their dinner. Nor do i have a whatsapp list full of randoms ive never met. They are entirely different purpose to facebook etc
Again randoms don't make it a social media. They have the same purpose in communicating and sharing content. No one has sent you a pic of their dinner (though that was an example and not many people actually do that) but someone has shared a picture or post from someone else have they not?

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 14 December 2018, 20:55
Jesus christ i give up. They are obviously totally different in function. Im not going to argue the toss about semantics because you are choosing to be a pedant despite knowing that they are fundamentally different in purpose.

Champione (Rich) 14 December 2018, 21:05
No Pukki No Party wrote:
Jesus christ i give up. They are obviously totally different in function. Im not going to argue the toss about semantics because you are choosing to be a pedant despite knowing that they are fundamentally different in purpose.
smiley Stop trying to deny they are not similar in purpose when they are fundamentally the same. That;s not the point of what we talking about anyway as I was trying to say we were digressing.

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 14 December 2018, 21:14
They are not remotely similar. Facebook etc are very public sharing which people choose to interact with. Whatsapp and skype are very closed interactions with specific people which are not open concept sharing.

Like i said. I have better things to do than argue the toss about something so pointless and so obviously different. Its like you saying a child's toy key is the same as an adults house key because theyre both keys. Yes, in very general terms theyre similar but they are absolutely fundamentally different in purpose. Im not posting anything further on this particular facet as its a ludicrous argument in all senses of the word.

Champione (Rich) 14 December 2018, 21:27
No Pukki No Party wrote:
They are not remotely similar. Facebook etc are very public sharing which people choose to interact with. Whatsapp and skype are very closed interactions with specific people which are not open concept sharing.

Like i said. I have better things to do than argue the toss about something so pointless and so obviously different. Its like you saying a child's toy key is the same as an adults house key because theyre both keys. Yes, in very general terms theyre similar but they are absolutely fundamentally different in purpose. Im not posting anything further on this particular facet as its a ludicrous argument in all senses of the word.
If that's what you want to think then go right ahead.

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 14 December 2018, 23:02
Champione wrote:
Actually it is more ideal to find someone over social media. Like Tinder for example you can find someone who shares similiar interests to you, plan a date and go and meet them.
And about information. I would probably never knew Stan Lee or the founder of Spongebob died. Not that I don't search stuff up but that it isn't something that I normally look out for.
No it's not more ideal to find someone over social media smiley There are companies nowadays just for example that you can sign up to, list your interests etc and they'll match you with someone of similar interests. About Stan Lee or spongebob founder, it's possible you can just check certain trending websites...just saying smiley

Champione (Rich) 14 December 2018, 23:18
Arsenäl FC wrote:
Champione wrote:
Actually it is more ideal to find someone over social media. Like Tinder for example you can find someone who shares similiar interests to you, plan a date and go and meet them.
And about information. I would probably never knew Stan Lee or the founder of Spongebob died. Not that I don't search stuff up but that it isn't something that I normally look out for.
No it's not more ideal to find someone over social media smiley There are companies nowadays just for example that you can sign up to, list your interests etc and they'll match you with someone of similar interests. About Stan Lee or spongebob founder, it's possible you can just check certain trending websites...just saying smiley
Sites such as??