Forums

Miscellaneous

Making Banners/Logos [Locked]

Posted in Locked B/L Threads

Manningham FC (HD) 26 March 2015, 21:18
People that are too bloody impatient are lucky that John is such a good guy and still does the graphics. If I was running this topic, and I'm sure a fellow graphic maker in Dothraki would agree, I would decline the people that don't fully appreciate the incredible hard work of these volunteers.

Johns Army (John) Forum moderator 26 March 2015, 21:19
Dothraki Horde wrote:
Manu Red Devils FC wrote:
Guys let John take his time doing the banners/logo atleast he is giving up his time into making
Them
! Thank you John Appreciate that you are making
Banners and logo for others smiley
+1 - It always amazes me how many people lack the basic manners to say please and thank you when people are giving up their free time to do this. John made my first ever logo/banner combo many years ago, and it inspired me to teach myself how to make them.

Southampton XL - If you want to complain because you haven't had yours after 5 minutes, why not download paint.net and teach yourself instead of hassling John to do it for you. Even after 3+ years of making them, it still takes me anything up to 4 or 5 hours to do a decent one. Even if it takes John 6 months to do it, you should still have the grace to be patient and grateful when he does get to it. Especially when you're one of the ones who lacks the manners to say "please".
Glad there are some people that understand! Right now i am the only one on the forum that is actually making them literally and when you have loads of requests you cannot expect me to be able to do all of them in a couple of days and then you get people like "when's mine coming" well i don't see you making banners/logos for others in your own time. If you have ever made a banner/logo for more than one club you know it takes time especially when you can never get the design right straight away which often happens with me smiley So yeah be patient as i make them in my own free time and get nothing out of it and don't try putting pressure on me to make yours as you wont get one.

Tom how times change! Moustache power smiley

http://www.virtualmanager.com/forums/posts/10043461

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 26 March 2015, 21:45
Lol turns out my artistic side is not as challenged as I thought it was. Thinks it's safe to say we've both come a fair way from where we started to where we're both at now pal!

If I get some time over the weekend, I will chip in with one or two to help you clear the backlog.

Johns Army (John) Forum moderator 26 March 2015, 21:49
Dothraki Horde wrote:
Lol turns out my artistic side is not as challenged as I thought it was. Thinks it's safe to say we've both come a fair way from where we started to where we're both at now pal!

If I get some time over the weekend, I will chip in with one or two to help you clear the backlog.
Yes definitely that banner is so plain and horrible but i thought it was good back then now i know! I could do that banner in just a few minutes if i wanted to do it again now they take me alot longer to do smiley

Thanks Tom that would be nice if i still have loads to do with the list continually growing. smiley

Johns Army (John) Forum moderator 26 March 2015, 22:28
Southampton XL... You are lucky that i started it this morning otherwise i might not have not done it after your comment.. Let this be a lesson for the future! Oh yeah hope you like it smiley

Johns Army (John) Forum moderator 27 March 2015, 15:41
Manu Red Devils FC wrote:
Banner and logo please but could you just like reserve me a space cause if I do get one of my banners to go through then There is no need for you to make me one smiley
Keep me updated.. smiley

Johns Army (John) Forum moderator 27 March 2015, 17:09
Gotham City Rogues FC smiley Hope you like them!

164x164

Johns Army (John) Forum moderator 27 March 2015, 17:42
Patience and you will get them smiley

Johns Army (John) Forum moderator 27 March 2015, 17:43
What has been done so far!

Chelsea Academy (Connor Taylor) 27 March 2015, 19:03
Your going to kill me for wasting your time but after years of having the same name I've recently just started playing again and just sent off for a name change :| Sorry mate, I loved the banner and logo but I can't use them any more smiley