Forums

Miscellaneous

Coronavirus (Covid-19)

Posted in Off Topic

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 23 March 2020, 20:23
Johns Army wrote:
Very disappointed & utterly disgusted.

I’m going into work now for the next 12-13 hours already knowing it’s very understaffed, there will be no rest or breaks, I will see many very sick people with covid.. will see deaths.. will see tiredness and people working at breaking point.. we will all be putting our own health at risk while we are working too.

Yet it is very disappointing to read some comments that don’t seem to appreciate that at all. While your at home with your feet up.

Horrid. smiley
You and your colleagues are doing an unbelievably great job in the face of dreadful adversity, not only the virus but under resourced hospitals too. You will always have my gratitude and respect and that of countless others too smiley hopefully The Govt will increase restrictions at 8:30pm

Crackalackin (Leroy) 23 March 2020, 20:25
Johns Army wrote:

I’m going into work now for the next 12-13 hours already knowing it’s very understaffed, there will be no rest or breaks, I will see many very sick people with covid.. will see deaths.. will see tiredness and people working at breaking point.. we will all be putting our own health at risk while we are working too.

Yet it is very disappointing to read some comments that don’t seem to appreciate that at all. While your at home with your feet up.

Horrid. smiley
The majority appreciate what you’re doing mate. I certainly do

Crackalackin (Leroy) 23 March 2020, 20:26
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
Johns Army wrote:

Horrid. smiley
You and your colleagues are doing an unbelievably great job in the face of dreadful adversity, not only the virus but under resourced hospitals too. You will always have my gratitude and respect and that of countless others too smiley hopefully The Govt will increase restrictions at 8:30pm
Unfortunately, it looks like the only way to control the public. The nice approach really hasn’t worked smiley

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 23 March 2020, 20:38
Crackalackin wrote:

Unfortunately, it looks like the only way to control the public. The nice approach really hasn’t worked smiley
Yeah some of the pics and vids of people gathering in large numbers defies belief. A relatively short term inconvenience to potentially save lives isn't a lot to ask for. If they aren't doing it voluntarily then they need to be made to. I'm not normally a fan of a police state but they're leaving no option ....nice to see ya back btw smiley

Crackalackin (Leroy) 23 March 2020, 20:47
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
Crackalackin wrote:

Yeah some of the pics and vids of people gathering in large numbers defies belief. A relatively short term inconvenience to potentially save lives isn't a lot to ask for. If they aren't doing it voluntarily then they need to be made too. I'm not normally a fan of a police state but they're leaving no option ....nice to see ya back btw smiley
There are so many unsung heroes around. And all of a sudden it’s not the Hollywood stars or football players that are important. It’s the doctors, nurses, teachers and those making a real difference.

I left retail a year ago to free up some family time (100 hours a week in senior management doesn’t leave a lot of time for anything else!). I’ve spoken to people still working in retail now and it’s carnage. The abuse they’re getting, the stress and so on. I am now a postie, a ‘key worker’ and part of the ‘infrastructure’. There is talk of Royal Mail becoming a ‘5th Emergancy service’. Not sure what it all means yet, but they have an unrivalled logistical network. Used correctly, it could make a massive difference

Good to be back! smiley

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 23 March 2020, 20:58
Crackalackin wrote:
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
Crackalackin wrote:

Yeah some of the pics and vids of people gathering in large numbers defies belief. A relatively short term inconvenience to potentially save lives isn't a lot to ask for. If they aren't doing it voluntarily then they need to be made too. I'm not normally a fan of a police state but they're leaving no option ....nice to see ya back btw smiley
There are so many unsung heroes around. And all of a sudden it’s not the Hollywood stars or football players that are important. It’s the doctors, nurses, teachers and those making a real difference.

I left retail a year ago to free up some family time (100 hours a week in senior management doesn’t leave a lot of time for anything else!). I’ve spoken to people still working in retail now and it’s carnage. The abuse they’re getting, the stress and so on. I am now a postie, a ‘key worker’ and part of the ‘infrastructure’. There is talk of Royal Mail becoming a ‘5th Emergancy service’. Not sure what it all means yet, but they have an unrivalled logistical network. Used correctly, it could make a massive difference

Good to be back! smiley
Yes I agree about unsung heroes and some people we kinda take for granted like retail staff and refuse disposal workers. Yes Interesting point re Postal workers and logistical network, never really thought about that tbh

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 23 March 2020, 21:24
Well, We've just been down to the local supermarkets and I am Very surprised to have got both bread and milk tonight!
Even stuff like Ryvita is still there, and some fresh meat.

What concerns me though is that the till staff have no protection whatsoever - unless they've brought their own gloves in. No masks / screen etc.
I'm glad they're still coming in - and I made sure I thanked the two that served us.
- We even got given some free unsold Mothers Day flowers from Lidl - now there's a nice thing!

As usual the folks down at the bottom of our public services are the ones putting themselves at risk - and not getting the recognition they deserve.

You're right again John > those of us sitting at home healthy are the lucky ones.
I for one am and will remain extremely grateful.

Harlem Heroes (NCC Legend) 24 March 2020, 00:08
The Goon Sqwad wrote:
I don't give a Shh what anyone thinks about me, the I think and believe the humans need culling on a massive scale I reckon 75%+ of the global population sounds about right
Perhaps we could start with your family? How would that sit with you? Sadly Darwin was wrong, the retards usually survive.

Frankies acre bhoys (all players transfer listed) 24 March 2020, 00:14
Johns Army wrote:
The Goon Sqwad wrote:
I share a very unpopular opinion about the virus, I don't think the strain is strong enough to its job.

Humans are a awful race, the earth cannot breath because of us, and people are moaning that a few thousand people can't breath because of a virus, I feel the survival of the earth is more important than the survival of humans.

That's all I'm saying publicly
“Few thousand” you mean hundreds of thousands into millions it will effect. It’s going to last til next year atleast it’s not going to just go away. In the next few weeks the UK will surge in numbers dramatically just as Italy has done causing thousands of deaths & putting tremendous pressure on us working in the NHS.

Perhaps once you catch it you’ll realise why those people are moaning about not being able to breathe.. how your inside & lungs feel like there is broken glass inside them everytime you breath... then you’ll be asking us to look after you.

Most of the country will catch it within the year. Depending on how badly you get it you might change your comments.

seens to me only very very ignorant people can comment on a qprld wide problem how many million ppl never seen there mother yesterday..and im one of them hurt like hell as im sure it did for so many,,so hope you have more tespect fore youre own mum coz i think what you said was sick and im ;eaving it at that

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 24 March 2020, 09:49
Frankies acre bhoys wrote:

seens to me only very very ignorant people can comment on a qprld wide problem how many million ppl never seen there mother yesterday..and im one of them hurt like hell as im sure it did for so many,,so hope you have more tespect fore youre own mum coz i think what you said was sick and im ;eaving it at that
Yes Mother's Day was difficult for many Frankie. smiley