Still working :/

How is isolating treating you!?

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 4 April 2020, 17:24
Crackalackin wrote:
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
How's everybody in isolation world?

A bit bored and watching too much TV smiley but fine apart from that...how's work going?

Crackalackin (Leroy) 4 April 2020, 17:35
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
Crackalackin wrote:
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
How's everybody in isolation world?

A bit bored and watching too much TV smiley but fine apart from that...how's work going?
So busy! It’s almost like everyone has lots of time on their hands to do online shopping and get it delivered smiley

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 4 April 2020, 17:36
Crackalackin wrote:
So busy! It’s almost like everyone has lots of time on their hands to do online shopping and get it delivered smiley
smiley

Proosterbos Cannibals (I quit) 5 April 2020, 10:31
I think the biggest error most countries have made was not to put all travellers returning from China, and Later Italy/Austria, rigorously in quarantine for at least 3 to 4 weeks.

Here in Belgium people returning from those countries could go back to work when they didn't show any symptoms yet, enabling them to infect their colleagues, with the consequences that we now see:
- A still spreading virus, already about 1,500 victims (following Italy with a few days delay, and bearing in mind that we only have a population of 11 million, when Italy has about 65 million. I must say that such relative calculations are NOT made in the local media, so here it is just as bad as in Italy/Spain
- An almost complete economic shutdown. I am working in an automotive service delivery company, and all our 45 branches are closed by the government, with the exception of our mobile emergency service. This puts 85 - 90% of our people in temporary economic unemployment, paid by social security. Imagine that the government has to pay social security of a few million people, that will costs billions of euros every month. With an already very high debt position, Belgium cannot afford this burden indefinitely.
- A stressed society, where people get frustrated because they can get big fines when they go our to take some air. All pubs, restaurants, shops, barbers, etc. are closed, except for food selling shops.

What I'm afraid of, is what you now start to see happening in the less rich countries, which do not have the "state of the art" public health services that western countries have. In Africa, and poorer Latin-America and Asia countries many hundreds of thousands, if not many millions of people will die from the virus. These people cannot afford to stay at home: then they don't eat, it's as simple as that, because there is no social security, no economic unemployment, no nothing of the sort. In Ecuador for instance, Corona victims are already just lying on the street nowadays.

In other words, I'm a bit afraid we ain't seen nothing yet...

I wonder when the economy is going to pick up the pace again. Is this maybe the great depression of the 21st century? And do we all know what followed the great depression of the 20th century? Well, I do...

If travellers to China would have been immediately forced to stay at home upon their return, even if they did not show any symptoms yet, this virus could have been contained without the need to shut down the entire world. Okay, this would have been a severe measure, especially for these people themselves, but we now all see what not taking appropriate measures cause: stinking wounds.

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 5 April 2020, 11:55
Proosterbos Cannibals wrote:

What I'm afraid of, is what you now start to see happening in the less rich countries, which do not have the "state of the art" public health services that western countries have. In Africa, and poorer Latin-America and Asia countries many hundreds of thousands, if not many millions of people will die from the virus. These people cannot afford to stay at home: then they don't eat, it's as simple as that, because there is no social security, no economic unemployment, no nothing of the sort. In Ecuador for instance, Corona victims are already just lying on the street nowadays.
Yes this is my fear too ...it could be horrific smiley

Final Whistle (join) 5 April 2020, 12:12
Bolton Wanderers wrote:

Seems it's already happening in Equador where the dead are left to rot on streets and in their homes. This the beginning for another sanitary crysis over there..

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 5 April 2020, 13:15
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
Bolton Wanderers wrote:

Seems it's already happening in Equador where the dead are left to rot on streets and in their homes. This the beginning for another sanitary crysis over there..
Not seen that but yes it could lead to many more illnesses smiley

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 5 April 2020, 13:55
What's even more worrying is that there is a significant number of individuals that are infected actually remain asymptomatic so they show no forms of illness though they have the virus and they can pass it on. Contact tracing is like chasing shadows. While many precautionary measures are in place and staying indoors slows the virus down, a vaccine is the only way to get rid of this. Health is more important than wealth but i can tell ya now, the longer the lockdown is in place, get ready for the most severe economic crisis we will ever see in our lifetime in my opinion. Whenever, if ever, we get through this, it's been a huge wake up call for us humans, the world leaders, scientists, doctors you name it to pull together to try and prevent this at all costs to ever happen again in the future as best as possible. Very scary times indeed. It's crazy to hear about people still out partying with friends in house parties here. Shame on them.

Bray FC (Oh heckers) 5 April 2020, 14:11
Arsenäl FC wrote:
What's even more worrying is that there is a significant number of individuals that are infected actually remain asymptomatic so they show no forms of illness though they have the virus and they can pass it on. Contact tracing is like chasing shadows. While many precautionary measures are in place and staying indoors slows the virus down, a vaccine is the only way to get rid of this. Health is more important than wealth but i can tell ya now, the longer the lockdown is in place, get ready for the most severe economic crisis we will ever see in our lifetime in my opinion. Whenever, if ever, we get through this, it's been a huge wake up call for us humans, the world leaders, scientists, doctors you name it to pull together to try and prevent this at all costs to ever happen again in the future as best as possible. Very scary times indeed. It's crazy to hear about people still out partying with friends in house parties here. Shame on them.
I need a Guinness down my local but it is closed. Very scary times indeed. Am gasping