Forums

Miscellaneous

The Noob Bible.

Posted in General

Here We Go (Wuttem I Doon) 4 February 2018, 21:40
Ok cool, thanks guys.

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 6 February 2018, 12:50
Here We Go wrote:
Hello everyone. What determine the wage a player asks for? I'm guessing player value?
The players' wage demands are based on 3 factors:
The player's rating
The player's greed (a hidden number, which changes a bit every time you renew their contract)
Your club's supporter-numbers

See: https://www.virtualmanager.com/blog/919-rebalance-economy

Here We Go (Wuttem I Doon) 6 February 2018, 20:08
SuDoku AFC wrote:
The players' wage demands are based on 3 factors:
The player's rating
The player's greed (a hidden number, which changes a bit every time you renew their contract)
Your club's supporter-numbers

See: https://www.virtualmanager.com/blog/919-rebalance-economy
Ah! Thanks for linking the blog.

One more Q, how do you determine what stadium capacity to have? Because I'm drawing larger crowds than the number of fans the club has.

Lowood Mohicans (Ewan) 6 February 2018, 23:14
Without premium the maximum stadium size is 1000. If you are filling stadium at 8 or, 9 credits then it's worth upgrading. However, if you don't have premium then any upgrade beyond that is wasted. If you get premium then it's worth upgrading if you fill the stadium at the 8/9 credit level, providing you intend to stay at a similar or higher league level. Filling a stadium depends on who you are playing as much as your own fan loyalty.

I've just spent 24 million on upgrading my own stadium on this basis - hopefully it'll be worth it.

Here We Go (Wuttem I Doon) 7 February 2018, 08:45
Ok thanks guys.

FC Wild Dogs (Spiller for sjov) 24 March 2018, 12:18
Hey guys, so I have a few questions. I have been playing since 2009, but had a break of approx. 6 years, but now I am back.

Just a few questions:

1. Was the stadium limit not 4500 before without premium? When did they change and why?

2. I seem to be lacking the wrong tactic. I am trying to change it often to see what works out but nothing seems to work. I am currently in a league filled with bots and I only win 1-0, 2-0, etc even though my players are far better than my opponents.

3. previously, you were able to set defined instructions for each player but this is not possible anymore?

Thank you for taking the time.

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 24 March 2018, 12:25
FC Wild Dogs wrote:
Hey guys, so I have a few questions. I have been playing since 2009, but had a break of approx. 6 years, but now I am back.

Just a few questions:

1. Was the stadium limit not 4500 before without premium? When did they change and why?

Wasn't aware it had changed, what does it say on link below for you? 4500 used to be the limit for people that registered years ago

https://www.virtualmanager.com/shop

2. I seem to be lacking the wrong tactic. I am trying to change it often to see what works out but nothing seems to work. I am currently in a league filled with bots and I only win 1-0, 2-0, etc even though my players are far better than my opponents.

Just a case of trial and error really, see what works best, what you got your team instructions set to?

3. previously, you were able to set defined instructions for each player but this is not possible anymore?

No this was removed with introduction of new match engine

Thank you for taking the time.

FC Wild Dogs (Spiller for sjov) 24 March 2018, 13:50
Hail To The Redskins wrote:
2. VM Premium Every club is given a 5 day free trial when the club is registered (To see how long you have left click here). When this expires you will revert to VM Basic unless you pay for Premium. The advantages of Premium are the ability to see a players total stats (With VM Basic, you can see individual stats, but not the combined total), the maximum training ground you can reach on basic is Red (Large training ground), [b]the maximum stadium capacity is limited to 1000 without Premium
This was why I thought of it

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 24 March 2018, 13:52
FC Wild Dogs wrote:
Hail To The Redskins wrote:
2. VM Premium Every club is given a 5 day free trial when the club is registered (To see how long you have left click here). When this expires you will revert to VM Basic unless you pay for Premium. The advantages of Premium are the ability to see a players total stats (With VM Basic, you can see individual stats, but not the combined total), the maximum training ground you can reach on basic is Red (Large training ground), [b]the maximum stadium capacity is limited to 1000 without Premium
This was why I thought of it
With regards to stadium it depends when the team was registered, I can't remember the specific date but older clubs like yours will have a 4500 limit without premium, newer teams will have a 1000 limit. Click on the shop link it says 4500 for me

FC Wild Dogs (Spiller for sjov) 24 March 2018, 14:32
Same for me, thank you.

However, is that not a bit unfair for the newer teams?