Noob Bible needs a revamp
yes it does...so get on with it smiley

The Goon Squad (Very) 2 June 2018, 13:53
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
The Goon Squad wrote:
smiley
I had an inkling that would be the reply from somebody had to be you didn't it smiley you know what if I was academic enough I would do it would look like a five year old wrote it and finish it

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 2 June 2018, 14:14
The Goon Squad wrote:
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
The Goon Squad wrote:
smiley
I had an inkling that would be the reply from somebody had to be you didn't it smiley you know what if I was academic enough I would do it would look like a five year old wrote it and finish it
smiley you do yourself a disservice ...what bits need changing would you say?

The Goon Squad (Very) 2 June 2018, 14:19
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
The Goon Squad wrote:
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
The Goon Squad wrote:
smiley
smiley you do yourself a disservice ...what bits need changing would you say?
I don't the Paul I literacy is appalling, I believe that this that and the other needs a update

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 2 June 2018, 14:23
The Goon Squad wrote:
I don't the Paul I literacy is appalling,
smiley fair enough smiley bring Tom back

The Goon Squad (Very) 2 June 2018, 14:26
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
The Goon Squad wrote:
He's a good guy, actually did a good job of this and around good bloke

But on a serious note don't scouts need updating, and that players can now lose stats

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 2 June 2018, 14:28
The Goon Squad wrote:
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
The Goon Squad wrote:

But on a serious note don't scouts need updating, and that players can now lose stats
Yes even the Manual is out of date smiley

https://www.virtualmanager.com/frequent_problems/31?query=scout

The Goon Squad (Very) 2 June 2018, 14:51
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
The Goon Squad wrote:
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
The Goon Squad wrote:

Yes even the Manual is out of date smiley

https://www.virtualmanager.com/frequent_problems/31?query=scout
Pull your finger out then Mr crew member, earn your premium and tickets smiley

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 2 June 2018, 15:18
a bit long and needs lots of work smiley

When thinking about hiring scouts I would advise you ask yourself the following questions:

(1) Can I afford them?
(2) Are they going to prove useful...ie can I do the work manually?
(3) Are they cost effective?

NB To hire and use scouts you must have VM Premium which can be bought via The Shop

If you still wish to hire scouts then you can look for them by pressing the Clubhouse button at the top of the screen and then, on the left hand side under the heading Office is the Staff Icon, press that. This shows you your current staff employees and a green Staff search button press that and it brings you to a page where you can narrow your search.

It's Important to set the speciality to scout and Job Status to unemployed. Country of origin and the age range is up to yourself. Once you have done this then press the green search button. This brings up all the available scouts you can hire that fit your set criteria. Hover your cursor over the little square icon to reveal each scout's attributes.

When it comes to attributes the important ones are:

O Potential assessment: Determines the scout's evaluation precision when focusing on potential.
O Ability assessment: Determines the scout's evaluation precision when focusing on abilities.
O Motivation: Determines the chance of finding a wild card when focusing on potential.
O Discipline: Determines the maximum number of players in a report.
O Motivation+discipline: Determines for how long the scout will need to rest after finishing a report.

As stated in The Developer's blog

Scouts and Trainers' attributes are shown as a mark out of 20, The higher that mark, the better the staff member. Ideally you should be looking for scouts with 20/20 on as many of the above attributes as possible.

Once you have found the Scout(s) you want, click on his name and then the green Hire Employee button on the left hand side and then the Green Hire Scots name button in the middle near the bottom. above this you will see the costs involved.

Once you have your Scout(s) in place then you have to make them work for their living.

To do this you need to press The Market button at the top of the screen and then under the heading Miscellaneous on the left hand side you will see Talent Scout ,press this and then the green send out button under your preferred Scout.

You then need to narrow your player search ie Age Rating and How expensive can they be?

from The blog:

What does "How expensive can they be?" mean?

Some people have thought that this field means "Player value", but that's incorrect.

The purpose of the field is for you to enter your budget so that scouts won't recommend players you can't afford. That means that you should always enter the maximum amount you are willing to pay for a new player.

When scouts search for players, they compare the amount you entered, with our best guess at what the player will end up costing you. This price is one of the following numbers, depending on what is most relevant at the time:

Auction price > Transfer listing price > Minimum price > Player value > Sign on bonus

So if the player is on auction, we naturally use the current highest bid. Otherwise we use the transfer listing price (if there is one), otherwise the minimum price (if there is one), otherwise the player value (if the player is in a club), and finally the sign on bonus if the player is not in a club.

You can also click on the position icons to make sure your scout looks for a player in a specific position.

You can also narrow the search by looking for players on sale or newly created players (Just tick the relevant box)

You then need to choose country and focus (potential or abilities) once you have done this the cost is displayed and below that you will see a green Send button press that and then the Scout is off searching.

It takes 3 Minutes for the scout to report back and below are the ratings he comes back with:

Catastrophic
Miserable
Below Average
Poor
OK
Reasonable
Promising
Formidable
Enormous

You can also use your Scout to evaluate your own players or the players of a specific team, you do this by pressing the Evaluate Players button on club page

The Goon Squad (Very) 2 June 2018, 19:19
It might say somewhere in the thread about scouts important stats, but I'm fairly sure that you haven't stated it anywhere in your post buddy, maybe you can incorporate it into the post