Forums

Miscellaneous

The Noob Bible.

Posted in General

Hadick Sport Egyesület (hrob) 25 February 2019, 13:12
Hello,

Can you help me to set the sponsorship someone? I don't understand this system yet.

Now: https://ibb.co/VB079Rk

Thank you!

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 25 February 2019, 14:19
This should help: https://www.virtualmanager.com/frequent_problems/37?query=sponsorship
many managers use 4x vifa points at the end of the season, + 2x vifa for bonus, for round about the position you expect to achieve next season (see Division "Seedings" if you're not sure what to expect... )

Piemonte Calcio FC (Marcus) 11 May 2019, 12:21
No Pukki No Party wrote:

2. VM Premium Every club is given a 5 day free trial when the club is registered (To see how long you have left click here). When this expires you will revert to VM Basic unless you pay for Premium.
Is every club still given the free trial? I clicked on the link and I don’t think I have it.

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 11 May 2019, 12:39
Rashford United wrote:
No Pukki No Party wrote:

2. VM Premium Every club is given a 5 day free trial when the club is registered (To see how long you have left click here). When this expires you will revert to VM Basic unless you pay for Premium.
Is every club still given the free trial? I clicked on the link and I don’t think I have it.
I wrote this 7 years ago, I’ve tried to get rid of out of date bits but didn’t realise this had changed! Will edit later

The Goon Squad (Very) 11 May 2019, 13:07
No Pukki No Party wrote:
Rashford United wrote:
No Pukki No Party wrote:

I wrote this 7 years ago, I’ve tried to get rid of out of date bits but didn’t realise this had changed! Will edit later
Lol and the title

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 11 May 2019, 14:48
While you're at it Tom, you could include a paragraph about Roles:
https://www.virtualmanager.com/squads/979076/player_roles

In particular I suspect that many new managers don't understand the need for a decent Captain
- with the highest possible Leadership and Perseverance qualities smiley

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 11 May 2019, 14:50
Don’t know the figures Charles and not really planning to start adding stuff to it.

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 11 May 2019, 15:41
Fair enough smiley

Well, here's the info for anyone reading through the thread:

Leadership:
Applicable only for the team captain, or his replacement.
The captain's leadership gives a bonus to all players on the team.
100 in the captain's leadership stats adds 10% to all your players stats each match.
50 in leadership adds 5%, and so on.

The captain's perseverance is doubled, so it is important for him to have a high stat there too.

Perseverance:
It is your players' total perseverance that counts. That way, we get the effect that your players with high perseverance can inspire the less enthusiastic ones. Obviously, only those players currently on the pitch are taken into account.

When your team is behind in the match. high perseverance will lessen the negative effect that players get when they are losing.

Perseverance is also crucial in determining the home advantage.
The more the home team's perseverance exceeds that of the away team,
the greater their home advantage.
However, if the away team has more total perseverance than the home team,
they can reduce the home team advantage or even completely eliminate it if their perseverance is really superb.

The home advantage starts at 5% (1% in cup matches) if the two teams have exactly the same total perseverance.
It rises if the home team has more perseverance than the away team and falls if the away team has the most perseverance.
If the home team has 2x (or above) as much perseverance as the away team, then the home advantage is 10%
If the away team has 2x (or above) as much perseverance as the home team, then the home advantage is 0%

In this calculation, all players in the match simulator get a base perseverance of 10. Thus, if a player has 2 perseverance, it will be counted as 12 in the match simulator. Base perseverance is added because otherwise there would be huge fluctuations in the lowest leagues where players have very low abilities. Without adding base perseverance, an otherwise insignificant difference of 1 or 2 in perseverance would have a huge effect. Adding base perseverance also gives the effect that the mental game becomes more important, the higher you advance in the leagues.

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 11 May 2019, 15:51
Thanks Charles, I've added the info to the first post. I didn't know about perseverance so I've learned something here too smiley

The Goon Squad (Very) 11 May 2019, 16:26
I didn't understand perseverance