Forums

Miscellaneous

The Noob Bible.

Posted in General

The Goon Squad (Very) 2 November 2012, 21:56
Tempus Fugit wrote:
Wycombe Wanderers wrote:
The average is 1 in 20, but its luck.

Think of it this way. If you roll a die the chances of getting any number is 1 in 6. However, if you rolled 6 times you would actually get at least one number more than once most of the time you tried it.

Now, sometimes you may get a lot of 6`s (good) but other times you would get a lot of 1`s (not so good unless you are playing yahtzee).

However, if you rolled a million dice, you would probably get a more even spread.
I guess you would need really big hands, or really tiny dice smiley
Or a lot of time on your hands smiley

The Goon Squad (Very) 3 November 2012, 17:39
I was wondering about retirement ages, I know a player can retire as young as 32 and in rare cases 31, but what about scouts and trainers what age do they retire? And should there be a retirement section in the bible?

Johns Army (John) Forum moderator 3 November 2012, 17:44
Leicester City Kings wrote:
I was wondering about retirement ages, I know a player can retire as young as 32 and in rare cases 31, but what about scouts and trainers what age do they retire? And should there be a retirement section in the bible?
Oldest they can get to is 69 ? If you search for unemployed or contracted trainers or scouts goes up to 69?

Deleted club 3 November 2012, 17:56
Johns Army wrote:
Oldest they can get to is 69 ? If you search for unemployed or contracted trainers or scouts goes up to 69?
Thats an interesting idea.

We know the lookup table for player retirement chances. Surely there is one for staff too?

Deleted club 3 November 2012, 18:05
The oldest I have seen them is 82 - here is one of each

Scout
Trainer

but I personally cant remember having one younger than 65 retire on me

The Goon Squad (Very) 3 November 2012, 18:55
Cheers for your replys John, Penny and Stuart

should there be a section to this in the noob bible?

Deleted club 3 November 2012, 18:58

up to Polski as the author

The Goon Squad (Very) 3 November 2012, 19:02
DTF FC wrote:

Indeed, I'm just throwing the question out there see what the overall feel is from the other manages.

I asked twice so Tom would see this and give his thoughts and opinion

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 3 November 2012, 19:12
DTF FC wrote:

Indeed, I'm just throwing the question out there see what the overall feel is from the other manages.

I asked twice so Tom would see this and give his thoughts and opinion
Yeah probably but I don't really have time to do it atm, I have a fair few other things that are higher on my priority list than the NB atm. I will get round to it eventually, or if someone else wishes to write one then feel free and I'll add it in.

Deleted club 4 November 2012, 16:28
I'm so confused, why wont it let me do friendlies? what do i do now?