Miscellaneous

Coronavirus (Covid-19)

Posted in Off Topic

Lateside united (KK) 14 March 2020, 21:43
A Tribe Called Quest wrote:
Lateside united wrote:
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
Lateside united wrote:
China should be punished for spreading this virus all countries effected should get together and blow them off the face of the world.
So your answer to a virus that can kill innocent people is to kill innocent people? different I suppose
Yes but I don't see them as innocent people this country as created this mess by its unhygienic ways it should be punished any humans that treat animals in the way these Chinese do shouldn't be aloud to breath the same air as us all
Well that’s racist.
how the hell is it racist ya plant pot snowflake

Afghanistan (------------------) 14 March 2020, 22:21
Lateside united wrote:
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
Lateside united wrote:
China should be punished for spreading this virus all countries effected should get together and blow them off the face of the world.
So your answer to a virus that can kill innocent people is to kill innocent people? different I suppose
Yes but I don't see them as innocent people this country as created this mess by its unhygienic ways it should be punished any humans that treat animals in the way these Chinese do shouldn't be aloud to breath the same air as us all
Too much ignorance & stupidity... "Shouldn't be aloud to breath the same as us all". There have been various pandemics & diseases throughout the human history that infected and killed insane amount of people. Not to mention all the wars and other stupid shits humans have done to each other. We've really never learned anything from our past mistakes & it keeps repeating itself.
Those wet markets that sells wild animals started when China had famine, hence people started eating whatever they could find to survive. Now it's more of a bullshit superstitious belief where people belief that certain animal meat can enhance or improve certain aspects of their body/life.

I do not support China or their wet markets but those markets exist throughout East/SE Asia & some parts of Africa. Waging war against China will not improve your life and frankly quite the opposite will happen. The world should obviously start putting pressure on all those countries to ban their wet markets permanently. They might even do it themself after the devastating economic effects this pandemic will cause on their local economy, especially the tourism industry.

Bill Gates made an excellent TedTalk speech on pandemics and hopefully the entire world learns something this time.

Johns Army (John) Forum moderator 14 March 2020, 22:55
Understated Excellence wrote:
Johns Army wrote:
There’s something like 1200-1900 ITU beds in the UK. If it does blow up we will be in trouble.

Not looking forward to the next few weeks.
May have to adopt a women and children first policy?
Okay I feel necessary to put this here. I don’t know if I should but I think people should know outside of the hospital life.

Today we have received news from top boards of nhs.

In my hospital atleast. We now have one ward directly for Covid 19 infected patients who are well I don’t really know how to put this are virtually being left not treated fully.

ITU which now has emptied out all there patients to Theatres. So that the really sick/intubated covid 19 cases go too itu.

Theatres here atleast has cancelled now all none urgent operations only going to run emergencies & trauma related cases from now.

Basically they have said they will be looking to keep alive the younger covid 19 sick patients. It goes against everything we work for as the older folk with it will basically wont be treated the same.

This is what we are gathering. It’s not our choices. Really sucks.

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 14 March 2020, 23:30
Johns Army wrote:
Understated Excellence wrote:
Johns Army wrote:
There’s something like 1200-1900 ITU beds in the UK. If it does blow up we will be in trouble.

Not looking forward to the next few weeks.
May have to adopt a women and children first policy?
Okay I feel necessary to put this here. I don’t know if I should but I think people should know outside of the hospital life.

Today we have received news from top boards of nhs.

In my hospital atleast. We now have one ward directly for Covid 19 infected patients who are well I don’t really know how to put this are virtually being left not treated fully.

ITU which now has emptied out all there patients to Theatres. So that the really sick/intubated covid 19 cases go too itu.

Theatres here atleast has cancelled now all none urgent operations only going to run emergencies & trauma related cases from now.

Basically they have said they will be looking to keep alive the younger covid 19 sick patients. It goes against everything we work for as the older folk with it will basically wont be treated the same.

This is what we are gathering. It’s not our choices. Really sucks.
That is awful John

Johns Army (John) Forum moderator 15 March 2020, 00:38
Worrying times. I most likely will catch it at some point. It doesn’t really worry me. Government worries me. We have very little equipment. Not enough space. Not enough staff to name a few things. Gonna be a rough time.

Everyone panicking needs to chill too. News makes it worse.

If isolation happens or lockdown the country. It’s gonna be a real struggle.

A Tribe Called Quest (xx) 15 March 2020, 12:06
Lateside united wrote:
You literally said we should blow Chinese people off the face of the earth and that they need to be punished for being ‘unhygienic’. If you can’t see what’s racist about that then you have some serious issues.

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 15 March 2020, 13:00
A reminder of the rules

The International Forum Rules

Section 1 - Conduct

1.1 - As per Game Rule 2.1, condescending remarks and personal attacks are not allowed.

1.7 - Racist remarks and ethnic slurs are strictly forbidden.

@ Lateside please make sure you future posts adhere to the rules

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 15 March 2020, 13:04
Johns Army wrote:
Worrying times. I most likely will catch it at some point. It doesn’t really worry me. Government worries me. We have very little equipment. Not enough space. Not enough staff to name a few things. Gonna be a rough time.

Everyone panicking needs to chill too. News makes it worse.

If isolation happens or lockdown the country. It’s gonna be a real struggle.
Catching it doesn't really worry me really, I'm just concerned about the vulnerable,elderly and people with existing medical conditions. I see today they are suggesting people over 70 should self isolate

Lateside united (KK) 15 March 2020, 13:45
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
A reminder of the rules

The International Forum Rules

Section 1 - Conduct

1.1 - As per Game Rule 2.1, condescending remarks and personal attacks are not allowed.

1.7 - Racist remarks and ethnic slurs are strictly forbidden.

@ Lateside please make sure you future posts adhere to the rules
no racist remarks what so ever

Lateside united (KK) 15 March 2020, 13:49
A Tribe Called Quest wrote:
Lateside united wrote:
You literally said we should blow Chinese people off the face of the earth and that they need to be punished for being ‘unhygienic’. If you can’t see what’s racist about that then you have some serious issues.
No you have issues if you class that as racist and the reason why are great country is in such a mess because its full of snowflakes