Forums

Miscellaneous

Posted in Developer's corner

FC Apollyon (Liam - CM) Community Manager 4 September 2023, 16:53
Please provide us with your feedback here.

The blogpost can be found here:
1115-new-employee-search-is-now-live

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 4 September 2023, 18:14
its basically a money making con not impressed

Briggs FC (Briggs FC) 4 September 2023, 18:38
Might be worth adding a click to confirm if you actually want to spend funds on a search.

Only thing I've found whilst using it so far.

Edit:

Six hours I need to wait for results? Really?

FC Deluga (Deluga) Forum moderator 4 September 2023, 20:15
Coptic Titans wrote:
The only thing the money does is speed up the progress just like scouts.
Briggs FC wrote:
Personally I don't think six hours is that bad. I've spent more time manually searching for staff and coming up with nothing. At least with these 6 hours, I can actually spend my time doing other stuff.

With a 6 hour time, most people can still activate it 3 times a day, which is 15 applicants a day.
Given the fact that you can keep staff for a very long time, 6 hours doesn't seem that bad, as most people don't need 10+ trainers.
Biggest problem with the 6 hours wait is if people need staff quickly, like when returning to the game.

Briggs FC (Briggs FC) 4 September 2023, 21:31
FC Deluga wrote:
Coptic Titans wrote:
The only thing the money does is speed up the progress just like scouts.
Briggs FC wrote:
Personally I don't think six hours is that bad. I've spent more time manually searching for staff and coming up with nothing. At least with these 6 hours, I can actually spend my time doing other stuff.

With a 6 hour time, most people can still activate it 3 times a day, which is 15 applicants a day.
Given the fact that you can keep staff for a very long time, 6 hours doesn't seem that bad, as most people don't need 10+ trainers.
Biggest problem with the 6 hours wait is if people need staff quickly, like when returning to the game.
You make great points.

Newcastle U FC (Rolf Bergström) 5 September 2023, 00:16
Hi, first thank you very much. It is great that this is now launched and all the silliness associated with the previous staff searching is in the bin. Well done and thank you.

I have 1 clarification question please.

Are you able to confirm if the original plan to exclude 20 x 20 trainers in parallel with the new staff-searching methodology was in the end actioned, (despite may I say the the fairly universal disapproval from the player community of what was seen as pointless nurfing)? Or if it is still technically possible to find a new 20 x 20 trainer in the game?

I would suggest that this point should be clarified as if, for example, you have 20 x 19 trainers, there would be zero point spending time and money to look for a 20 x 20 one if they don't actually exist any more in the game. Yes?

Thanks, Rolf

FC Apollyon (Liam - CM) Community Manager 5 September 2023, 08:20
Newcastle U FC wrote:
Hi, first thank you very much. It is great that this is now launched and all the silliness associated with the previous staff searching is in the bin. Well done and thank you.

I have 1 clarification question please.

Are you able to confirm if the original plan to exclude 20 x 20 trainers in parallel with the new staff-searching methodology was in the end actioned, (despite may I say the the fairly universal disapproval from the player community of what was seen as pointless nurfing)? Or if it is still technically possible to find a new 20 x 20 trainer in the game?

I would suggest that this point should be clarified as if, for example, you have 20 x 19 trainers, there would be zero point spending time and money to look for a 20 x 20 one if they don't actually exist any more in the game. Yes?

Thanks, Rolf
The "ban" of 20x20 and 2020x was part of the first original plan.
Plan 2 was a new plan all together.

So top trainers are still in the mix - all though they might take a while to appear.

Newcastle U FC (Rolf Bergström) 5 September 2023, 08:51
Thank you for confirming this. Rolf

FC Apollyon (Liam - CM) Community Manager 5 September 2023, 09:18
A bunch of errors has been fixed.
Check this list to see which ones: https://www.virtualmanager.com/changelog

Newcastle U FC (Rolf Bergström) 5 September 2023, 14:02

Thorshammer United (EPU) 5 September 2023, 12:00Quote
Det er bare i gang med at sende ansøgninger afsted - der er en ledig 20x20 træner i puljen + evnt en over 60 år.

I do find this rather disturbing as if true, it suggests this player STILL has access to new trainer info that the rest of us do not have...... The new scheme was meant to stop this from happening I thought,