Forums

Miscellaneous

Posted in Developer's corner

Briggs FC (Briggs FC) 7 September 2023, 14:08
FC Apollyon wrote:
Melchester Rovers wrote:
I find this system to be a waste of time .non of the applicants are suitable...and within a few minutes I can find better candidates myself...but can't sign them!
Do mind that the employee were taking right up to this new system going live, meaning there's little to nothing left of the top tier trainers.

It will take some time to equalize.

There's plenty of good personel to find.
If you expect people to wait 6+ hours each time. Which i don't see happening. All I see is a negative feedback mainly.

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 7 September 2023, 14:24
FC Apollyon wrote:
meaning there's little to nothing left of the top tier trainers.

Maybe I should have studied harder at school.
I cannot understand how both these statements can be true?

Either "there's little to nothing left of the top tier trainers." - which from all the evidence I've seen appears to be the case,
Or, "There's plenty of good personel to find." - unless for example trainers with two top abilities of 17/18 are thought of as "good" - which I simply don't agree with.

The bottom line is, if there are insufficient top tier trainers to be found and signed by everyone, by whatever means, then those that can't find & sign the number they want will remain unhappy.
That at the moment still seems to be the vast majority.
I do understand the point that over time some more decent staff will be created, I just really really hope this will be a large enough number.

FC Apollyon (Liam - CM) Community Manager 7 September 2023, 14:37
SuDoku AFC wrote:
FC Apollyon wrote:

Either "there's little to nothing left of the top tier trainers." - which from all the evidence I've seen appears to be the case,
Or, "There's plenty of good personel to find." - unless for example trainers with two top abilities of 17/18 are thought of as "good" - which I simply don't agree with.

The bottom line is, if there are insufficient top tier trainers to be found and signed by everyone, by whatever means, then those that can't find & sign the number they want will remain unhappy.
I do understand the point that over time some more decent staff will be created, I just really really hope this will be a large enough number.
Top tier and good personal is not the same.

Top tier would be 20x20.

Personal with 19x19, 18x19, 19x18 is still good and those can still be found and have been found.
The percentage difference between the groups are not widely different, so they will be considered good.

Its not 20x20 or rubbish. There are variations.

Its still not the plan that everyone has the best. So there of course will not be one for everyone.
It will take some luck and until then, a 18x18 will suffice..

You could build up.. wait until a better comes along. That would be better than not having any at all.

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 7 September 2023, 17:07
FC Apollyon wrote:
SuDoku AFC wrote:
FC Apollyon wrote:

Top tier would be 20x20.

Personal with 19x19, 18x19, 19x18 is still good and those can still be found and have been found.
The percentage difference between the groups are not widely different, so they will be considered good.

Its still not the plan that everyone has the best. So there of course will not be one for everyone.

You could build up.. wait until a better comes along. That would be better than not having any at all.
the Comms manager only listens from above he has no grasp of the game never played at a competitive level hardly ever raises issues unless they agree with him .

The Wrecking Crew (Gonzo) 7 September 2023, 17:21
The entire game`s priority is based on super youths, youth with great potential, and training facilities. Managers have spent multi-millions on all of these, and now they`re being told that an 18X18 trainer will have to suffice, and you need to be happy with that. That`s unbelievable to me. Thankfully, I have a nice group of youngish trainers and will keep plugging along with them, and then when the last one retires, I will also be leaving the game. I see no reason to go on any further after that.

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 7 September 2023, 17:39
The Wrecking Crew wrote:
The entire game`s priority is based on super youths, youth with great potential, and training facilities. Managers have spent multi-millions on all of these, and now they`re being told that an 18X18 trainer will have to suffice, and you need to be happy with that. That`s unbelievable to me. Thankfully, I have a nice group of youngish trainers and will keep plugging along with them, and then when the last one retires, I will also be leaving the game. I see no reason to go on any further after that.
the game is going one way a faster decline than before this update management nor comms officer listen to loyal paying customers the only people who listen are the excellent mods and they seem to be fighting our corner which appears to be falling on the deaf and blinkered. The core problem is the lack of top-quality coaches the easy way just create more is the only solution or give every club a set amount and restore the lists. Like the youth leagues it was nowhere ready before being forced upon us. I quit before returned 11 months later and the problems had not been addressed. my only regret is I paid a further 3 months of subscription once that expires also gone

Briggs FC (Briggs FC) 7 September 2023, 18:19
Coptic Titans wrote:
FC Apollyon wrote:
SuDoku AFC wrote:
FC Apollyon wrote:

Top tier would be 20x20.

the Comms manager only listens from above he has no grasp of the game never played at a competitive level hardly ever raises issues unless they agree with him .
My number one reason why I have said the owner should be here listening to OUR opinions rather than being drip fed bits and pieces. Unfortunately goes in one ear and out the other. Two plus months wasted for this update nobody wanted or needed because people don't listen to their community. Regardless of paying customers or not. Updates like this have a huge negative impact on the community, and financially. These updates are making it so people literally one click and leave, enjoy the drop in subscriptions and ad revenue.

Also cancelled subscription because I'm not contributing to this any longer.

FC Deluga (Deluga) Forum moderator 7 September 2023, 20:58
Briggs FC wrote:
My number one reason why I have said the owner should be here listening to OUR opinions rather than being drip fed bits and pieces. Unfortunately goes in one ear and out the other. Two plus months wasted for this update nobody wanted or needed because people don't listen to their community. Regardless of paying customers or not. Updates like this have a huge negative impact on the community, and financially. These updates are making it so people literally one click and leave, enjoy the drop in subscriptions and ad revenue.

Also cancelled subscription because I'm not contributing to this any longer.
Actually a new system has been requested by several people. And yes they are listening to their community, if you look at the change log, some of the changes has actually been requested by the community, and I can mention more stuff that has been requested by the community.

If everybody could have 20x20 trainers, then there would be no point in actually hiring trainers, might aswell remove that option from the game and permanently make trainers a part of a club, like they did with the assistent manager back in the day. Would make the game quite boring that there is no difference in clubs when it comes to trainers. Hey, they might aswell do it with scouts too while they're at it.

Also when I read your comments and compare them with the danish ones, you british actually seem to hate this update a lot more than the Danes. From what I can see, most danes that has commented on this update actually like it, and most seems to like the fact that now it's no longer possible to hire vacuum every good staff there is in the system. Now it should even them out, so more clubs can have some trainers rather than a few sitting on a ton of them.
The Wrecking Crew wrote:
The entire game`s priority is based on super youths, youth with great potential, and training facilities. Managers have spent multi-millions on all of these, and now they`re being told that an 18X18 trainer will have to suffice, and you need to be happy with that.
A 18x18 trainer will have to suffice untill you find better applications. Right now that is difficult because there are so few good trainers in the game that free agent, before this update every good trainer there were, were hired by clubs, so when this update came, there were pretty no good trainers out there. Giving this system more time, there will be improvements to it, and it should be easier to find better staff.
Give it time and let Dennis be able to work on improvements to the system.

FirkløverFC (Frederik) 7 September 2023, 21:44
Can i just ask. Is this not a better option, than just a few managers controlling all personel ingame?

Personally i would prefer to have the 30 mininutes option removed. But Vman needs to make money, so what the hell. smiley

I think it is an exciting solution, and in a month or two, with the personel pool re-stocked after everybody stocking up before implementing the new system, i think better personel will be easier to find.

It probably also helps new clubs hire good personel. So they dont use scouts as coaches (hopefully) as well as hireing at least decent personel.

The Wrecking Crew (Gonzo) 7 September 2023, 21:46
[quote=FC Deluga]

Also when I read your comments and compare them with the danish ones, you british actually seem to hate this update a lot more than the Danes. From what I can see, most danes that has commented on this update actually like it, and most seems to like the fact that now it's no longer possible to hire vacuum every good staff there is in the system. Now it should even them out, so more clubs can have some trainers rather than a few sitting on a ton of them.

And from what I read on the Dane side, most of the comments in favor of this change seem to be your own. I see plenty of dissent there.