Forums

Miscellaneous

Posted in Developer's corner

FC Deluga (Deluga) Forum moderator 7 September 2023, 22:06
The Wrecking Crew wrote:
And from what I read on the Dane side, most of the comments in favor of this change seem to be your own. I see plenty of dissent there.
Actually not, yes I do hightlight my opinion in there, trying to eplain others why I think this system is better. But most like the update, the most hated part seem to be the fact that is takes 6 hours which is a long time for a club needing personal, especially if they just returned to the game.

You see dissent there yes, but in order to prove your point, you're only or mostly looking at the negative feedback and not the positive.

I have yet to see any sign of positive feedback from any of you in here. Before this update 3 clubs would have 60+ 20x20 trainers, after this update that hopefully should be possible, so more clubs can enjoy have good trainers instead of a few sitting on a lot of them.

All of you lot seem to have the opinion that "Nobody wanted this update" I can tell you that, that is not true, a new system to the personel search have been requested multiple times, and has been requsted a lot recently given the fact at how difficult it is to acquire good personel. You guys may not have requested it as all you want is the game to be sold or an app, but others have.

Briggs FC (Briggs FC) 7 September 2023, 22:23
FC Deluga wrote:
The Wrecking Crew wrote:
And from what I read on the Dane side, most of the comments in favor of this change seem to be your own. I see plenty of dissent there.
Actually not, yes I do hightlight my opinion in there, trying to eplain others why I think this system is better. But most like the update, the most hated part seem to be the fact that is takes 6 hours which is a long time for a club needing personal, especially if they just returned to the game.

You see dissent there yes, but in order to prove your point, you're only or mostly looking at the negative feedback and not the positive.

I have yet to see any sign of positive feedback from any of you in here. Before this update 3 clubs would have 60+ 20x20 trainers, after this update that hopefully should be possible, so more clubs can enjoy have good trainers instead of a few sitting on a lot of them.

All of you lot seem to have the opinion that "Nobody wanted this update" I can tell you that, that is not true, a new system to the personel search have been requested multiple times, and has been requsted a lot recently given the fact at how difficult it is to acquire good personel. You guys may not have requested it as all you want is the game to be sold or an app, but others have.
So three clubs were hoarding 60+ staff so we waste two plus months in d development time for this update? Sounds like a great decision. smiley couldn't we have just capped the limit of trainers would have taken a few hours development time (if that) and saved months of development time in the process? That just seems logical for me unless it's just a theory people will actually pay for tickets and spend them to use the 30 minute search Vs waiting 6 hours.

How about making a poll for all to vote on this update if the community feel it's good or not for the long term of VM. I'm of the opinion it would go the opposite way of what you think.

The game has been declining for years, introducing updates that push people off the website (one click and come back in six hours to check results) is in no way what we should be introducing to a declining playerbased website.

If people want to search and scrawl through pages and pages to find what there looking for, I find that quite rewarding when you do find something. I totally can see how it's frustrating though.

Also, your posts are coming across quite rude in my opinion. "You lot" "You British"

No, we are your paying customers. Some long time loyal customers, some not. Some are not happy with the update, unfortunately. Some feel time could have been spent in better areas that need work to help actually increase the playerbase and keep them here, not driving them away.

Your correct, I'd love to see the site sold to a company that would actually drive it in the right direction but it's clear this is never going to happen just like there will be no app. That's cool, I can live with that.

Ulm Warhawks (Ulmeister) 7 September 2023, 22:48
Briggs FC wrote:

So three clubs were hoarding 60+ staff so we waste two plus months in d development time for this update? Sounds like a great decision. smiley couldn't we have just capped the limit of trainers would have taken a few hours development time (if that) and saved months of development time in the process?
Yes because people would love a maximum of 10 trainers. Nobody would start criticizing that update.

Briggs FC (Briggs FC) 7 September 2023, 22:52
Ulm Warhawks wrote:
Briggs FC wrote:

So three clubs were hoarding 60+ staff so we waste two plus months in d development time for this update? Sounds like a great decision. smiley couldn't we have just capped the limit of trainers would have taken a few hours development time (if that) and saved months of development time in the process?
Yes because people would love a maximum of 10 trainers. Nobody would start criticizing that update.
You would smiley

FirkløverFC (Frederik) 7 September 2023, 22:55
Briggs FC wrote:
Ulm Warhawks wrote:
Briggs FC wrote:

You would smiley
Well. Looking at The staff you hired before this Update, it might actually show you what decent staff is. smiley

FC Deluga (Deluga) Forum moderator 7 September 2023, 23:01
Briggs FC wrote:
So three clubs were hoarding 60+ staff so we waste two plus months in d development time for this update? Sounds like a great decision. smiley couldn't we have just capped the limit of trainers would have taken a few hours development time (if that) and saved months of development time in the process? That just seems logical for me unless it's just a theory people will actually pay for tickets and spend them to use the 30 minute search Vs waiting 6 hours.
But capping the limit of trainers would also take away some of the pleasure some clubs has. You wouldn't be able to do individual training for senior players that are losing stats, and you would take away the enjoyment some has of training players on what they need and not what they need a group. So your solution is even worse in my opinion.
Briggs FC wrote:
Also, your posts are coming across quite rude in my opinion. "You lot" "You British"

No, we are your paying customers. Some long time loyal customers, some not. Some are not happy with the update, unfortunately. Some feel time could have been spent in better areas that need work to help actually increase the playerbase and keep them here, not driving them away.

Your correct, I'd love to see the site sold to a company that would actually drive it in the right direction but it's clear this is never going to happen just like there will be no app. That's cool, I can live with that.
I'm sorry I don't mean to be rude, but I stand by my statement that is seems like you all hate the update because you can no longer have top tier trainers. If everyone had to always have top tier trainers, HQ might aswell you remove trainers entirely from the game. Now who would want that? I've played other manager games, and none of them gave me the opportunity to have top tier trainers all the time, and I couldn't search for them the way I could here, except for Football Manager, but that is an entirely different manager game than this.

All I read is you guys just seem to complain instead of actually giving feedback whereas in the danish forum people that dislike part of this system, actually give feedback that could make it better.
Briggs FC wrote:
But this can also backfire, you can't guarantee that another company would be better, it might even be a lot worse. By selling to another company, we might see things like, buying credits for cash. The money for certainly help with development, but certainly destroy the game. There might even come even worse update. I would hate to see this game turn into a pay to win game.

Ulm Warhawks (Ulmeister) 7 September 2023, 23:03
Briggs FC wrote:
Ulm Warhawks wrote:
Briggs FC wrote:

You would smiley
I was sarcastic. You criticized this update and come with another idea, which would be criticized too.
Btw the trainer you have wouldnt be found with this new update, because he havent enough stats. So it might be a great update for you.

Newcastle U FC (Rolf Bergström) 7 September 2023, 23:04
Regardless of the new training system, I also object to the “You lot” as a proxy for ‘annoying British people’. Your subtext is not exactly subtle and I also find it rude and offensive. Also inaccurate as I for one at least have complimented the new system, despite what I hope and agree are probably teething problems which will be resolved over time.
Rolf

FC Deluga (Deluga) Forum moderator 7 September 2023, 23:05
Briggs FC wrote:
How about making a poll for all to vote on this update if the community feel it's good or not for the long term of VM. I'm of the opinion it would go the opposite way of what you think.
I can't speak for VM in regards to this, since I just volunteer my time here, but there is a reason why most game don't use community polls in order to decide new content. It is typically never a good idea.

FC Deluga (Deluga) Forum moderator 7 September 2023, 23:07
Newcastle U FC wrote:
Regardless of the new training system, I also object to the “You lot” as a proxy for ‘annoying British people’. Your subtext is not exactly subtle and I also find it rude and offensive. Also inaccurate as I for one at least have complimented the new system, despite what I hope and agree are probably teething problems which will be resolved over time.
Rolf
Again, I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude, I just didn't know how else to express "the majority of you", mainly because it's not a term I use that often. So again, I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude.

But I'll reconsider my messages going forward, so I don't come by a rude