Forums

Miscellaneous

Posted in Developer's corner

Newcastle U FC (Rolf Bergström) 7 September 2023, 23:08
Thank you very much

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 7 September 2023, 23:37
FC Deluga wrote:
I would hate to see this game turn into a pay to win game.
I absolutely share your sentiments here, ... but, = we should also acknowledge that this game is already pay to win.
There are 14 Leagues (Countries) and no clubs within any of those 14 top Divisions without Premium.
Nor are there any clubs within the top 500 Vifa ranked clubs without Premium.

I see no possibility of club without Premium competing for either a League title or the top of the # rankings.

FC Deluga (Deluga) Forum moderator 7 September 2023, 23:55
SuDoku AFC wrote:
I absolutely share your sentiments here, ... but, = we should also acknowledge that this game is already pay to win.
There are 14 Leagues (Countries) and no clubs within any of those 14 top Divisions without Premium.
Nor are there any clubs within the top 200 Vifa ranked clubs without Premium.

I see no possibility of club without Premium competing for either a League title or the top of the # rankings.
What I mean with pay to win is pay cash to get credits and with those credits you buy the best players in the game, giving you an easy way to the top.
I don't see premium as a pay to win mechanic. Premium is a very common way to earn money for a company, and with that you'd need benefits before people would buy it. Those benefits in this game includes bigger stadium and the ability to use trainers.

If you could compete in the best leagues without having premium and do that easily, there wouldn't really be a reason to buy premium, and that would ultimately kill the game.

FC Apollyon (Liam - CM) Community Manager 8 September 2023, 07:13
Please keep your feedback constructive.

We do listen and we do read and send a lot of stuff back and forth.
This change is big, we know that, but it is only step 1 in a bigger plan to revamp the entire employee section. There's more to come, that would take it to yet another level.

I do not just send bits and pieces through to the HQ, I send positives, negatives, challenges, outburst, rants, etc through.
I just siphon through the aggressive tone, the demeaning things and make it easier to read. Sometimes I even pullet point the idea to make it easier to show the pros and cons for said idea.

To say we stear our own way would be a massive under statement.

However, there's a bigger plan behind this change.
And beyond this, there's load of other plan to elevate the game. But things take time.

Change also takes time. We've had the massive new change for less than a week.
We have added a lot of stuff during this week to make the system better and I am certain that we are not done yet.

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 8 September 2023, 11:39
FC Apollyon wrote:
However, there's a bigger plan behind this change.
And beyond this, there's load of other plan to elevate the game. But things take time.
Maybe, if we users were given a bit more insight, however general, into the plans ahead, there might be a bit more equity in the responses ...

Briggs FC (Briggs FC) 8 September 2023, 13:04
I get that things take time, and changes aren't always liked at first.

You mention there are plans for other changes but things take time. Just from my background helping run a large website that has just recently hit 600k registered users with a premium package also

Communication with your community helps direct what actually happens and doesn't. Chucking a blog post out is great, but not sure how much information was taken onboard from the time the blog post was released then beta testing maybe to being released.

At least if we all have some vague idea of the future direction we can try and help contribute ideas and suggestions or just opinions that gives you guys a bigger picture of things we might not like or may like?

Had we all know it was going to be six hours every time a staff search that may have been picked up on and adjusted for example if the feeling behind it was majority negative.

FC Apollyon (Liam - CM) Community Manager 10 September 2023, 09:25
Briggs FC wrote:
I get that things take time, and changes aren't always liked at first.

You mention there are plans for other changes but things take time. Just from my background helping run a large website that has just recently hit 600k registered users with a premium package also

Communication with your community helps direct what actually happens and doesn't. Chucking a blog post out is great, but not sure how much information was taken onboard from the time the blog post was released then beta testing maybe to being released.

At least if we all have some vague idea of the future direction we can try and help contribute ideas and suggestions or just opinions that gives you guys a bigger picture of things we might not like or may like?

Had we all know it was going to be six hours every time a staff search that may have been picked up on and adjusted for example if the feeling behind it was majority negative.
I will see what we can do about future blog posts - but many of them require the developers to write them.
I do not have all the planning and information on all subjects smiley

FC Apollyon (Liam - CM) Community Manager 10 September 2023, 14:39
I got quite lucky with this one.
Has anyone gotten anything good:

Seems things are starting to stabilize with the newly created staff.

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 11 September 2023, 18:10
I understand that when a player retires and becomes staff, he will now send an application to his club for his manager to consider hiring him as staff.
I presume that application will be subject to the same 24hr rule whereafter he will withdraw his application if not by then hired.

Can you confirm when this 24hrs starts?

Is it at the moment of his retirement? - so if the manager doesn't log in within the following 24 hrs he misses out?
or, is it 24hrs from the next time the manager logs in? or reads the application message? or sometime else?

FC Apollyon (Liam - CM) Community Manager 12 September 2023, 11:07
SuDoku AFC wrote:
I understand that when a player retires and becomes staff, he will now send an application to his club for his manager to consider hiring him as staff.
I presume that application will be subject to the same 24hr rule whereafter he will withdraw his application if not by then hired.

Can you confirm when this 24hrs starts?

Is it at the moment of his retirement? - so if the manager doesn't log in within the following 24 hrs he misses out?
or, is it 24hrs from the next time the manager logs in? or reads the application message? or sometime else?
It is 24 hours from generation time. So 2:30 DK time, if I remember correctly.