Forums

Miscellaneous

Posted in Developer's corner

Inter Futsal (Bryan) 19 September 2023, 10:48
I don't like this. Previously I could search and select the age and Nationality of the Trainer I wanted and hire someone suitable after a short period of time searching.

I have just wasted 15,000C, as well as having to wait 6 hours, for trainers to be presented who are not suitable and nor are they the Nationality I wanted.

Do I waste another 15,000C and wait a further 6 hours, for a trainer I ideally wanted 12 hours ago - and probably a further 6 hours and more cost after.

This is a downgrade as far as I can see.

Enchiladas Mexicanas (Patatas Bravas) 21 September 2023, 08:19
Yes, it's rubbish. It's all down to chance.

I have no constructive feedback other than to say that you should just revert back to normal and ban all (known) communication about Trainers/Scouts.

I know that's a rubbish idea but all options seem to be rubbish.

Briggs FC (Briggs FC) 21 September 2023, 10:03
Enchiladas Mexicanas wrote:
Yes, it's rubbish. It's all down to chance.

I have no constructive feedback other than to say that you should just revert back to normal and ban all (known) communication about Trainers/Scouts.

I know that's a rubbish idea but all options seem to be rubbish.
As much as I'd welcome to roll back, I can't see I happening it's taken them months to do this update as it is.

Banning communication won't help as it'd just be discussed in the private groups/discord channels.

I do think teams should have a cap/limit on how many trainers and scouts they can have at a given time though.

Enchiladas Mexicanas (Patatas Bravas) 21 September 2023, 23:27
It's shit though.

All it's doing is costing 75,000 per day to look at a list of shit trainers.

Briggs FC (Briggs FC) 21 September 2023, 23:28
Couldn't agree more with you.

More negatives than positives thats for sure.

Newcastle U FC (Rolf Bergström) 21 September 2023, 23:40
Enchiladas Mexicanas wrote:
It's shit though.

All it's doing is costing 75,000 per day to look at a list of shit trainers.
He's not wrong

FC Apollyon (Liam - CM) Community Manager 22 September 2023, 11:27
Could we state something that would make it better, instead of simply implying all that its not liked about it.
It would be hard to pass out constructive feedback, with most of the current feedback.

Briggs FC (Briggs FC) 22 September 2023, 11:33
We have..

Bring back the old one.

Newcastle U FC (Rolf Bergström) 22 September 2023, 11:43
Well that's the easiest question to answer, thank you.

VM must, as a priority, manually generate and add into the database about 200-400 new trainers who are under 45 years old and 20-20 or 20-19 or 19-20. And also it must ensure that the number of new trainers generated stays sensible, by which I mean it won't take more than say 15 searches (= 90 hours) to actually have one drop into your recruitment results.

What really is the problem of doing that?

A pretty front end makes zero difference if the actual number of good trainers out there are minimal. Also, we have the same stupid and unnecessary problem as before, spending hours searching for trainers with very little chance of finding any. Its a huge waste of time and somewhat demoralising. Completely and utterly unnecessary.

It's amazing and very welcome that the issue was corrected of a few players 'hacking the system' to hoover up all the good trainers to post them on their personal blogs - it's much fairer now that you can only hire candidates you have recruited, but for that to work, the candidates do need to be out there and currently they are not. A hit rate of 1 good trainer discovered in 40 searches (= 240hours = 10 days = 600,000 credits) is just ridiculous. Madness. Unnecessary.

Rolf.

FC Apollyon (Liam - CM) Community Manager 23 September 2023, 10:05
Newcastle U FC wrote:
Well that's the easiest question to answer, thank you.

VM must, as a priority, manually generate and add into the database about 200-400 new trainers who are under 45 years old and 20-20 or 20-19 or 19-20. And also it must ensure that the number of new trainers generated stays sensible, by which I mean it won't take more than say 15 searches (= 90 hours) to actually have one drop into your recruitment results.

What really is the problem of doing that?

A pretty front end makes zero difference if the actual number of good trainers out there are minimal. Also, we have the same stupid and unnecessary problem as before, spending hours searching for trainers with very little chance of finding any. Its a huge waste of time and somewhat demoralising. Completely and utterly unnecessary.

It's amazing and very welcome that the issue was corrected of a few players 'hacking the system' to hoover up all the good trainers to post them on their personal blogs - it's much fairer now that you can only hire candidates you have recruited, but for that to work, the candidates do need to be out there and currently they are not. A hit rate of 1 good trainer discovered in 40 searches (= 240hours = 10 days = 600,000 credits) is just ridiculous. Madness. Unnecessary.

Rolf.
What's the point of having that many top top tier trainers?
Should everyone have top tier trainers?

19-19 trainers are still good, and I have found a few of those in less than 40 searches.

There are also more and more personel that is generated that have higher stats, meaning more and more should appear in the coming weeks/months.