Forums

Miscellaneous

Weekly VM Progression Chat (All Welcome)

Posted in General

Magic Monkeys (Josh) 20 May 2020, 12:20
Wanyamas in Pyjamas wrote:
Upgraded to LTF smiley

Only another 175m to find to get to WCTF - Might get there by 2025...
Well done on the upgrade smiley The money seems further away but having the better facility is so helpful and you'll get there way quicker than you expect if you stick at it smiley !

Final Whistle (join) 21 May 2020, 00:23
Just got my youth team promoted to 3rd division just for kicks and to prove a point without getting any real benefit but also not losing much. I'll relegate in a season but someone's first team was denied promotion which is what I've been foreseeing, and next season I see a different youth team promoting from the second place in the old 4th league. Some called this crap but it's happening and it will only get more common, putting the newer teams on longer upgrade paths as unfair competition with youth squads with established clubs that get double advantage, more squad places and lower salary. I hear the plan is maybe to move the youth clubs to their own separate league, but I guess that will somehow lower the interest while correcting this problem for newer clubs having to compete with youth clubs in addition to the regular newbie competition and playing catch-up with established clubs but the advantages of older clubs will still be there.
Also not sure how the new leagues will impact the attendances, energy levels and so on.

As for my first team I'm still deciding if I should upgrade the stadium for another 10k places up to 38,7k or keep the 12M for the WCTF, which would delay me for a month minus the extra cash I get over the period. Any advice on that? I will hopefully remain in the 2nd division around mid table for the foreseeable future and current stadium gets filled at 7C for most of the games but if switching to 6C the gain is only around 330K/season so 1M/month, it would take a year just to get the cash back unless I get a better team to make use of the extra spaces at 7C. For the moment it's not convincing enough, so maybe I wait for the WCTF upgrade whenever that will be...

Meanwhile going through the worst training patch since upgrading to PTF with only 4 out of last 16 trainings over the average while 9 underperforming (some heavily) in training and a 3 average trainings.
I've been hoping for more than a week to get a decent training, meanwhile only averages lately or low trainings.
If you could take one player in my team with the same average potential as the whole team and follow his training this is quite representative for how my trainings have gone to sh!t:
https://www.virtualmanager.com/players/13849083-colm-magnan/training

Average player training on my PTF ground: 138
Average for the last 10 training passes: +122 xp
Average for the last 16 training passes: +115 xp (had to manually calculate it)
So this is royally scr3wing with my players valuations for 2 weeks now and it makes me angry. What good to have upgraded to PTF only to have trainings as good as a LTF or lower ?

Wanyamas in Pyjamas (Oliver Spooner) 21 May 2020, 22:59
Not sure how i feel about the Youth teams being in the same leagues, personally a separate league structure would be better in my opinion

100% keep the cash at your level to use for the WCTF, unless you're selling out every single game i don't think it's worth it as you've already got a good stadium capacity.

If you go for the upgrade realistically you need to go down the route of div 1 side and stay afloat in the division just to sell out

Training is so strange, i had a period where created three talents in two weeks, then literally nothing for ages and poor trains across the board then the last couple of weeks another two half decent talents.

Think it's patches we go through, when i have that i change up my strategy, i go into targeted training for a bit then back to training match and i find that helps - probably a coincidence though

Final Whistle (join) 24 May 2020, 13:40
I always change training type every 2-3 days as there seems to be some factor in training that lowers the overall training if players get bored of the same training. Its started to get better but there is a lot to compensate for the last 2 weeks of poor training.
I've also made the mistake of promoting with the youth team in 3rd division which dried out the energy of my players ruining their training, i was not expecting that. It seems there is some increased energy expenditure at each division level based on player stamina which is not documented anywhere. As if the opponens running faster and more automatically made my players to go on a frenzy and do the same despite them not being able to, which is an absurd bug imho. I'd rather take the penalty on the possesion or smth rather then have the energy levels between 70 and 80...

Low Achievers (Aaron) 24 May 2020, 13:42
Managed to get out first win under our new 'project' and collect a handful of draws too. Next season should be where we are more competitive around teams nearer our level.

Low Achievers (Aaron) 25 May 2020, 18:12
Just not enough South Africans to do this with properly. Can't sell anybody because there's not enough potential replacements to come in for the sold player..But need to sell because there's no other way to make money. Very difficult and I was even tempting to go with Iraq smiley

New country to come, haha.

Magic Monkeys (Josh) 25 May 2020, 18:35
South Africa wrote:
Just not enough South Africans to do this with properly. Can't sell anybody because there's not enough potential replacements to come in for the sold player..But need to sell because there's no other way to make money. Very difficult and I was even tempting to go with Iraq smiley

It is a real challenge, one thing I make sure is to look at auctions as much as possible because you will end up finding players that you didn’t even know existed. The transfer listed ones are just a small proportion of the overall players you have available to you.

Low Achievers (Aaron) 25 May 2020, 19:12
Magic Monkeys wrote:
South Africa wrote:

It is a real challenge, one thing I make sure is to look at auctions as much as possible because you will end up finding players that you didn’t even know existed. The transfer listed ones are just a small proportion of the overall players you have available to you.
Very nice team you have, don't see anybody with Ukraine! But yeah, or sure, auctions are the way to go but going days at a time and finding nobody is heartbreaking, smiley

Hopefully Brazil will treat me better!

Magic Monkeys (Josh) 25 May 2020, 19:38
South Africa wrote:

Very nice team you have, don't see anybody with Ukraine! But yeah, or sure, auctions are the way to go but going days at a time and finding nobody is heartbreaking, smiley

Thanks! It’s taken me a fair few weeks to get to a point where I’m happy with almost every player in the squad. I would say for you as you have a good facility the key thing is to just stuck with it and have some patience. The more weeks that pass you’ll start to create 1 or 2 youths that will do a job, and you’ll find a few auction bargains. Patience is always the answer in this game, I’ve learnt that the hard way!

If you ever want any help with the one nation plan feel free to message me, I’m still extremely new to it but happy to pass on some guidance that others have shared with me

Low Achievers (Aaron) 25 May 2020, 19:48
Magic Monkeys wrote:
South Africa wrote:

Thanks! It’s taken me a fair few weeks to get to a point where I’m happy with almost every player in the squad. I would say for you as you have a good facility the key thing is to just stuck with it and have some patience. The more weeks that pass you’ll start to create 1 or 2 youths that will do a job, and you’ll find a few auction bargains. Patience is always the answer in this game, I’ve learnt that the hard way!

If you ever want any help with the one nation plan feel free to message me, I’m still extremely new to it but happy to pass on some guidance that others have shared with me
Thanks man. I'll drop you a message, somebody to talk to about it will definitely not harm things, for both of us I'm sure. smiley