Forums

Miscellaneous

Weekly VM Progression Chat (All Welcome)

Posted in General

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 8 April 2020, 15:44
Low Achievers wrote:

Sorry for the link Paul, I'm forgetting the rules, my bad!
smiley

Johns Army (John) Forum moderator 8 April 2020, 15:45
Trading is fun atm with everyone at home + youth squads prices have gone up lol

Wanyamas in Pyjamas (Oliver Spooner) 8 April 2020, 15:47
Yeah makes sense, i concentrated on upgrading my stadium as a priority as takes about 180-200 home games to earn that upgrade cost back then it's extra revenue

I wish i didn't go for the youth squad and could go back to the old system as i think a 30 man squad would benefit me more at the moment. Not sure i'd be able to trade youngsters efficiently as training is so important on them

Wanyamas in Pyjamas (Oliver Spooner) 8 April 2020, 15:48
Johns Army wrote:
Are you trading youths? Seems hard if you aren't flipping them within a day or 2 as i'd imagine a lower standard training ground could seriously affect it's value

Low Achievers (Aaron) 8 April 2020, 15:50
Wanyamas in Pyjamas wrote:
Yeah makes sense, i concentrated on upgrading my stadium as a priority as takes about 180-200 home games to earn that upgrade cost back then it's extra revenue

I wish i didn't go for the youth squad and could go back to the old system as i think a 30 man squad would benefit me more at the moment. Not sure i'd be able to trade youngsters efficiently as training is so important on them
As for the reasons you mentioned in your other post, yeah, if you keep youths too long it'll go against them in the long run. Just need to be wise with who you pick up. Any that you feel could benefit form a high train on LTG then just pick them up.

Johns Army (John) Forum moderator 8 April 2020, 15:50
Johns Army wrote:
Are you trading youths? Seems hard if you aren't flipping them within a day or 2 as i'd imagine a lower standard training ground could seriously affect it's value
Na I don’t have the time atm so just training my team up & making deals if someone wants someone like yesterday 53m in. I can see by looking youths are more expensive atm. See like 150-160% on wctf going for 5m etc people be crazy.

Johns Army (John) Forum moderator 8 April 2020, 15:52
If I’m buying a youth I always follow my pricing guide dependent on the position & potential of the youth.

Wanyamas in Pyjamas (Oliver Spooner) 8 April 2020, 15:54
Johns Army wrote:
Johns Army wrote:
Na I don’t have the time atm so just training my team up & making deals if someone wants someone like yesterday 53m in. I can see by looking youths are more expensive atm. See like 150-160% on wctf going for 5m etc people be crazy.
My entire balance probably wouldn't be worth 50m if i sold everyone

Does seem the older player trading approach is good short term but not really going to accelerate my progress. So much competition for players on auction and lucky to make 400,000 per player with an outlay of about 15k a day in wages

Back to the drawing board i think

Johns Army (John) Forum moderator 8 April 2020, 16:05
How much do you want to make per day? smiley

Magic Monkeys (Josh) 8 April 2020, 16:08
Just wanted to echo what others have said. Higher prices mean that whilst it is difficult to buy youths at reasonable price it does mean that when you do find a good deal the margins you make are much higher.

The key thing is trying to understand the pricing and trends of a section of the market and then try to use that to death and just rinse and repeat the same stuff. It takes a while getting the hang of it but once you get to that point it feels a lot easier to make money.