Forums

Miscellaneous

Weekly VM Progression Chat (All Welcome)

Posted in General

Wanyamas in Pyjamas (Oliver Spooner) 14 April 2020, 19:29
I'd be making approx 3.5-4m a season in division 2 and then i have approx 1m in wages to pay

Final Whistle (join) 14 April 2020, 19:30
I tried the same during the first 4-6 months but when each upgrade I was loosing 1/2M of value upgrade and was struggling to sell the players before they retired I thought it was not scalable as there was no money left for upgrading the stadium, and it's when I've sold everything over 2 seasons and upgraded to STF

Final Whistle (join) 14 April 2020, 19:32
Low Achievers wrote:
Definitely doable with youths if you're good at spotting ones that will become T and can set aside some time to find them.

I've had 2 become talents today, about 6-7 over the last week and there'll be 100s and 100s of managers more committed and better than me at spotting them! smiley
And how much do you make on a barely (t) player? 2-300k? and spend a week to find 3-5 with lots of time wasted. before 15yo with 240k value could be bought for under 50k, now they're worth 1-2M... Crazy!

Low Achievers (Aaron) 14 April 2020, 19:39
Wanyamas in Pyjamas wrote:
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
That's a great insight thanks! Yeah it will cost me 94m to get to Orange and then another 100m for WCTF seems insane

Seems you need to get lucky with a couple of youths as well as train well.

Don't think i could successfully train youth's to flip with red could i?
I for one wouldn't count on the youths,I've learned that the hard way, got only one (scouted) when I had the ETF, selling him allowed me to upgrade to PTF, but I sold him for 10M. For the rest of the cash needed, 40M had to train and trade.
Red is also the worse training ground you could have, the lawn is a lot more useful if you try to flip 15yo after very few trainings.

Also in your case I'd focus first on lowering the average age of the squad to under 31. this allows for 1.5 months of income without the need to worry about replacing the team. In that time 6 weeks you should make around 16M enough for 2 upgrades, close to 3
I've started to lower the age of my squad to under 33, I'd need to stay in division 2 to keep the money flowing and think i'd struggle to get a 70+ squad that's 30YO but i know what you mean, need to try and flip my team for profit whilst not losing any to retirements
Even an oldie who is fully contracted up gives you 3 weeks of play time... Ticket money alone will cover 1-2 oldies a WEEK at Div 3/2 level imo. That's not including any prize money or trading.

Wanyamas in Pyjamas (Oliver Spooner) 14 April 2020, 19:41
Every player i buy for my team is with the intention of selling for profit, usually 300k+ but if i fully pump the contract that hits into the profit massively

Low Achievers (Aaron) 14 April 2020, 19:44
Every player i buy for my team is with the intention of selling for profit, usually 300k+ but if i fully pump the contract that hits into the profit massively
Factor that in when listing the player on the TL. That way, you either make bigger profit that you're happy with or get to keep an oldie for 20 days.

Proosterbos Cannibals (I quit) 15 April 2020, 09:35
Damn, second player in 3 days getting "injured indefinitely".

Do these players heal at all without any physio facilities, or should I just get rid of him and swallow the loss?

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 15 April 2020, 11:16
Proosterbos Cannibals wrote:

Do these players heal at all without any physio facilities, or should I just get rid of him and swallow the loss?
They heal but you just wont know when he will be healed due to lack of investment in physio Dept

Proosterbos Cannibals (I quit) 15 April 2020, 11:46
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
Proosterbos Cannibals wrote:

They heal but you just wont know when he will be healed due to lack of investment in physio Dept
Thanks a lot for this reply. I'll just be patient then, and won't let him go with a loss like the previous one.

Wanyamas in Pyjamas (Oliver Spooner) 19 April 2020, 15:23
3,104,133 C stadium income and back to div 1 (like a yo-yo smiley )

Goal next season is to "try" and stay in div 1 and then upgrade stadium again