Forums

Miscellaneous

Weekly VM Progression Chat (All Welcome)

Posted in General

Low Achievers (Aaron) 12 April 2020, 16:36
Wanyamas in Pyjamas wrote:
The upgrade says by 2%, i mean that's nothing really is it
If you're money bags and can upgrade it a few times then it's okay I guess. Difference between getting 1 less injury a fortnight can mean a lot in the top couple of divisions.

Final Whistle (join) 14 April 2020, 18:51
Here is another question : what happens if your senior squad is full and you have a youth that turns 23?
Say someone like : https://www.virtualmanager.com/players/13586639-stan-probert smiley
Yeah, I have a few hours before finding that out on my own, but hopefully if it's painful someone else has an answer and I can avoid some annoyance.

Wanyamas in Pyjamas (Oliver Spooner) 14 April 2020, 18:55
I haven't but that's something that did cross my mind!

Final Whistle (join) 14 April 2020, 18:57
I'm hoping it will switch places with a youth from the senior squad... and I'm not hoping he will be released on a 24h auction...
But I'm not willing to take the chance smiley

Wanyamas in Pyjamas (Oliver Spooner) 14 April 2020, 18:58
I thought may be released but hopefully not that would be frustrating!

How do you even earn enough credits to get high training grounds? The one you have would cost me 94 million to get there haha

Final Whistle (join) 14 April 2020, 19:09
I thought may be released but hopefully not that would be frustrating!

How do you even earn enough credits to get high training grounds? The one you have would cost me 94 million to get there haha
The answer used to be do a lot of trading, 4-8 hours/day for a few months. Now I'm not sure it's possible. Before you only needed to get to STF/Grey and from there on you could successfully train DC on Defensive training with a 20/20 Trainer with 10 Tacking and 9 Speed, in 2 months you would get to LTF and from there you could train even more, just pick the most talented players you can afford ( 125-150 average on Black from what I remember) between 18-19 and 21 yo, you would sell over 35 rating for over 500k sometimes up to 1M. you used to find 20-something rated DC on auction for less than 200k, now it's over 500k so the profit margin is lower but also you compete with teams with greater TF that train more fast so increase the profits even more so you are double penalised...
In addition my youth team has a bigger stadium than most and my added income of over 400k from the youth stadium in addition to the lowered salaries for youth which now play in a squad with lower vifa rating give me a double advantage, even more if you consider the squad increased from 30 to 40 players.
So not really sure this was thought of from a macroeconomics perspective, though I've already raised some of this points to Dennis in the corresponding topics for youth teams beta. The gap between teams with youth and WCTF and all the rest will only increase so now the goal on the short term is to get WCTF as soon as possible but that is a costly upgrade...

Wanyamas in Pyjamas (Oliver Spooner) 14 April 2020, 19:16
That's a great insight thanks! Yeah it will cost me 94m to get to Orange and then another 100m for WCTF seems insane

Seems you need to get lucky with a couple of youths as well as train well.

Don't think i could successfully train youth's to flip with red could i?

Final Whistle (join) 14 April 2020, 19:19
That's a great insight thanks! Yeah it will cost me 94m to get to Orange and then another 100m for WCTF seems insane

I for one wouldn't count on the youths,I've learned that the hard way, got only one (scouted) when I had the ETF, selling him allowed me to upgrade to PTF, but I sold him for 10M. For the rest of the cash needed, 40M had to train and trade.
Red is also the worse training ground you could have, the lawn is a lot more useful if you try to flip 15yo after very few trainings.

Also in your case I'd focus first on lowering the average age of the squad to under 31. this allows for 1.5 months of income without the need to worry about replacing the team. In that time 6 weeks you should make around 16M enough for 2 upgrades, close to 3

Wanyamas in Pyjamas (Oliver Spooner) 14 April 2020, 19:28
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:

I for one wouldn't count on the youths,I've learned that the hard way, got only one (scouted) when I had the ETF, selling him allowed me to upgrade to PTF, but I sold him for 10M. For the rest of the cash needed, 40M had to train and trade.
Red is also the worse training ground you could have, the lawn is a lot more useful if you try to flip 15yo after very few trainings.

Also in your case I'd focus first on lowering the average age of the squad to under 31. this allows for 1.5 months of income without the need to worry about replacing the team. In that time 6 weeks you should make around 16M enough for 2 upgrades, close to 3
I've started to lower the age of my squad to under 33, I'd need to stay in division 2 to keep the money flowing and think i'd struggle to get a 70+ squad that's 30YO but i know what you mean, need to try and flip my team for profit whilst not losing any to retirements

Low Achievers (Aaron) 14 April 2020, 19:28
Definitely doable with youths if you're good at spotting ones that will become T and can set aside some time to find them.

I've had 2 become talents today, about 6-7 over the last week and there'll be 100s and 100s of managers more committed and better than me at spotting them! smiley