Forums

Miscellaneous

Weekly VM Progression Chat (All Welcome)

Posted in General

Wanyamas in Pyjamas (Oliver Spooner) 8 April 2020, 17:30
Whittall United wrote:
Stadium upgrades are an investment, and especially needed in Div 1, 64k seemed decent enough to me, but can't say how much it made, can't go back that far.
Would you say that should be my priority at the moment? Only got 20k seats at the moment and yoyo-ing a bit between Divs 1&2. Got about 10m in the bank so could invest in an upgrade for one of the sides

Whittall United (Grant) 8 April 2020, 17:31
Wanyamas in Pyjamas wrote:
Whittall United wrote:
Stadium upgrades are an investment, and especially needed in Div 1, 64k seemed decent enough to me, but can't say how much it made, can't go back that far.
Would you say that should be my priority at the moment? Only got 20k seats at the moment and yoyo-ing a bit between Divs 1&2. Got about 10m in the bank so could invest in an upgrade for one of the sides
I would say so for sure, it pays for itself in the long run, and if you don't especially need the cash for anything else, might aswell invest it smiley

Final Whistle (join) 8 April 2020, 17:36
Whittall United wrote:
I had to sell a first team player to have the cash for the upgrade but in the long term the money will be well spent as long as I remain in 2nd division which seems harder and harder as I've lost 2 more players and only got a substitution for a first team, currently have only 9-10 players and prices have increased, still hoping to find another first team to replace one of the two.
But I still think it's worth it, in 3-4 weeks I'll get the money back, as each upgrade you make will be payed for by the entire stadium's income.

Low Achievers (Aaron) 8 April 2020, 17:37
20K isn't enough, nowhere near imo. If you're filling your stadium now then definitely upgrade it ASAP.

Wanyamas in Pyjamas (Oliver Spooner) 8 April 2020, 17:38
Cheers guys, think i'll head down that route then! Trying ti at least keep a 70/80 rated squad to stay in the top two divisions, i was selling out in div 2 too so definitely need to upgrade i feel

Low Achievers (Aaron) 8 April 2020, 17:40
Cheers guys, think i'll head down that route then! Trying ti at least keep a 70/80 rated squad to stay in the top two divisions, i was selling out in div 2 too so definitely need to upgrade i feel
And that squad level should see you stay in them divisions also, maybe even quite competitive in some countries. smiley

Final Whistle (join) 8 April 2020, 17:46
What I would caution you is that you might have to replace your whole squad soon, as they are old and retiring. just take that into account as you need at least 11 players to keep making the cash

Wanyamas in Pyjamas (Oliver Spooner) 8 April 2020, 17:47
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
What I would caution you is that you might have to replace your whole squad soon, as they are old and retiring. just take that into account as you need at least 11 players to keep making the cash
Yeah i know, I'm flipping players at the moment but still using them in a team at the same time. That's half the problem i feel half my profits are wasted when someone retires but if you have a 30 year old squad you can't afford half the quality in rating

Final Whistle (join) 8 April 2020, 17:51
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
Yeah i know, I'm flipping players at the moment but still using them in a team at the same time. That's half the problem i feel half my profits are wasted when someone retires but if you have a 30 year old squad you can't afford half the quality in rating
Yeah, this is the challenge of the game since the "Rebirth" project from what I read. You should focus on getting younger squad, my target is to sell at 33 max.
I read this tactic from an older(retired) manager in one of his press releases and I think he had the good plan that I'm now trying to implement. Got a bit side tracked by buying my first talent youth back, barely a talent at that, so I'm lower on cash but hopefully in 1-2 days with the match income I'll get some more and buy one player. Also have to sell some youth to make space so that is another source of income.

Proosterbos Cannibals (I quit) 8 April 2020, 18:30
Proosterbos Cannibals wrote:
Flipping players and the likes is still something far beyond my reach, I guess...
Definitely not

Depends on the amount of credits you have really but you want to be looking on the auctions at players older than 30 as you can get better rated players for cheap.

When buying on the auction check the transfer list too, you want to buy players off the auction CHEAPER than the same rated/abilities player on the transfer list.

Then simply stick him on the Transfer list for slightly less than other similar players. That way you're making credits whilst progressing up the leagues and increasing revenue
Hmm, I think that also older players are very, very expensive nowadays, also in auctions... Way too expensive for me, anyways, with only 350 k credits on my account...