Forums

Miscellaneous

Weekly VM Progression Chat (All Welcome)

Posted in General

Wanyamas in Pyjamas (Oliver Spooner) 2 May 2020, 21:35
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
Wanyamas in Pyjamas wrote:
Selling everyone over 30 and piling 19m into training ground and getting up to black

What's everyone else doing/working towards?
Not sure that was the best strategy for your club since with the release of youth teams the higher training facilities have a bigger advantage, now I think only the top 2 are really worth it, while before even LTF was worth training on.
You are trading weekly income of 3M for nothing... Better get a younger team and bigger stadium and improve the TF every month or so, and then if you want to sell at some point you'd have a better start from ETF at least.

As for my objectives is to increase the rating of my first team, sell some of the youth and replace them with ones with better potential to train and make money for the WCTF in the end. Might upgrade the stadium once more if the first team performs well as it has this season...
Felt that i was getting nowhere really, the profits I'm making trading is being wiped out with retiring/players decreasing in value each week.

Looking at building a side that will stay/compete in division 2 and pile the credits that way

Final Whistle (join) 2 May 2020, 21:38
That is my current target as well but if you say you're selling most of your team and investing LTF how are you gonna resist in 2nd divsion with 50-something rate players?

Wanyamas in Pyjamas (Oliver Spooner) 2 May 2020, 21:39
SuDoku AFC wrote:
I'm still aiming for my final Country Double (League and Cup in the same season).
It's taking me ages to get (England) - and won't be this season again now.

But I will get there sooner or later - with a few better players once my Assistant manager gets back to me with some more scouting reports ... ... ...
Best of luck! Take it England is one of the hardest countries to get to the top? as well as Denmark

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 2 May 2020, 21:40
SuDoku AFC wrote:
I'm still aiming for my final Country Double (League and Cup in the same season).
It's taking me ages to get (England) - and won't be this season again now.

But I will get there sooner or later - with a few better players once my Assistant manager gets back to me with some more scouting reports ... ... ...
Best of luck! Take it England is one of the hardest countries to get to the top? as well as Denmark
Yep. = They're the top two
> TY smiley

Wanyamas in Pyjamas (Oliver Spooner) 2 May 2020, 21:41
That is my current target as well but if you say you're selling most of your team and investing LTF how are you gonna resist in 2nd divsion with 50-something rate players?
I'm going to still try and keep a 70 (ish rated side) - this side is staying up with this side > https://www.virtualmanager.com/new_matches/73843068/tactics

Final Whistle (join) 2 May 2020, 21:47
I'm going to still try and keep a 70 (ish rated side) - this side is staying up with this side > https://www.virtualmanager.com/new_matches/73843068/tactics
Ok, sounds good, best of luck with your plan!

Wanyamas in Pyjamas (Oliver Spooner) 2 May 2020, 21:49
Ok, sounds good, best of luck with your plan!
You too!

Wanyamas in Pyjamas (Oliver Spooner) 2 May 2020, 21:53
Literally everyone selling massively under value smiley classic

Crackalackin (Leroy) 2 May 2020, 21:56
When I came back I had 5 mil. I’ve had to learn all about the game from the ground up really. I’ll be in div 3 next season, gonna keep turning over the oldies to move me up the leagues.

The youth squad has given me a good chance to have some additional players in the squad. Training up the youngens to hopefully wonder kids, or just decent players to have a long term succession plan and make some dosh.

Obvs wanna get lucky with a super youth. Never had one smiley

Wanyamas in Pyjamas (Oliver Spooner) 2 May 2020, 22:01
Crackalackin wrote:
When I came back I had 5 mil. I’ve had to learn all about the game from the ground up really. I’ll be in div 3 next season, gonna keep turning over the oldies to move me up the leagues.

The youth squad has given me a good chance to have some additional players in the squad. Training up the youngens to hopefully wonder kids, or just decent players to have a long term succession plan and make some dosh.

Obvs wanna get lucky with a super youth. Never had one smiley
Sounds good!, sort of my plan picking up some younger players and actually being able to half successfully train them and shift them on for profit whilst keeping a team in div 2 for the tickets/sponsorship

My best youth was a DR that sold for 1.8m. had a patch where constant good training and few youths, not had a bean in months since