Forums

Miscellaneous

Weekly VM Progression Chat (All Welcome)

Posted in General

Crackalackin (Leroy) 17 May 2020, 11:12
Change of tactics now. Doing oldies isn’t getting any further than Mid/Low div 3. Retiring players is causing problems, along with not enough coming in. I’m not earning enough to push on.

Every morning When I log on, I dread the red notification of death for someone retired smiley

Time to buy some half decent players who won’t retired and play the long game

Proosterbos Cannibals (I quit) 17 May 2020, 12:11
Retiring players is a risk of working with oldies. Happened to me a few times as well, and even more often to the guy who bought one of my oldies, and giving me a profit on them...

For the moment I have decided to bear that risk, and cross my fingers.

First season in 3rd division was satisfactory: 4th place in the table as newcomer, could be much worse. Additionally, started upgrading first stand of the stadium to level 4, which increases the number of seats from 5400 to 9000.

Revenues keep coming mainly from flipping oldies: buying them for a price of maximally 120% of player value, and sticking them on the transfer market for 135% of market value. That attracts sufficient interest from the market, as my players, compared to other players having similar ages and ratings, are still very competitive in price. Average profit is 25 to 35% per player, though there are exceptions both in positive and in negative direction.

In the mean time, training ground upgrade money must come exclusively from the sale of youth players, nothing else. That is why I'm still only at level 2 (blue). Still need about 750K of youth player sales for the next upgrade.

Now I'm hoping for a quiet season 21 next week. I can't participate to the newcomers cup anymore, but I don't want to be like Harlem Heroes either: deliberately staying in D4 to win that cup every season. ..

Kings of Kronik (Doogs) 17 May 2020, 12:43
Not sure if this is the correct thread but...

If you need a 20 youth 20 outfield / keeper for training youth players should you have a trainer 1 youth 20 outfield/keeper for senior players?

Final Whistle (join) 17 May 2020, 12:44
Proosterbos Cannibals wrote:
Retiring players is a risk of working with oldies. Happened to me a few times as well, and even more often to the guy who bought one of my oldies, and giving me a profit on them...

For the moment I have decided to bear that risk, and cross my fingers.

First season in 3rd division was satisfactory: 4th place in the table as newcomer, could be much worse. Additionally, started upgrading first stand of the stadium to level 4, which increases the number of seats from 5400 to 9000.

Revenues keep coming mainly from flipping oldies: buying them for a price of maximally 120% of player value, and sticking them on the transfer market for 135% of market value. That attracts sufficient interest from the market, as my players, compared to other players having similar ages and ratings, are still very competitive in price. Average profit is 25 to 35% per player, though there are exceptions both in positive and in negative direction.

In the mean time, training ground upgrade money must come exclusively from the sale of youth players, nothing else. That is why I'm still only at level 2 (blue). Still need about 750K of youth player sales for the next upgrade.

Now I'm hoping for a quiet season 21 next week. I can't participate to the newcomers cup anymore, but I don't want to be like Harlem Heroes either: deliberately staying in D4 to win that cup every season. ..
From time to time you nees to sell the whole team and restart from 0 while upgrading to the newer training facilities otherwise you get stuck as the cost is higher ans higher. Lots of people get stuck as they're not willing to do this and never get enough cash since older players retire and need replacing which costs money that would better be spent upgrading TFs.
Aa for harlem herors what i can say is that what hes doing is not very smart but to each his own. But mans got to feed his ego.

Final Whistle (join) 17 May 2020, 12:46
Kings of Kronik wrote:
Not sure if this is the correct thread but...

If you need a 20 youth 20 outfield / keeper for training youth players should you have a trainer 1 youth 20 outfield/keeper for senior players?
Yes, over 23 years old (since next week or so) players will not need having a trainer with youth as high as possible ideally 20.

Proosterbos Cannibals (I quit) 17 May 2020, 13:02
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:

From time to time you nees to sell the whole team and restart from 0 while upgrading to the newer training facilities otherwise you get stuck as the cost is higher ans higher. Lots of people get stuck as they're not willing to do this and never get enough cash since older players retire and need replacing which costs money that would better be spent upgrading TFs.
Aa for harlem herors what i can say is that what hes doing is not very smart but to each his own. But mans got to feed his ego.
Every day 3 or more players of my team get sold via the transfer list, so no worries there. The only thing about this is that I continuously have to take care if I still have enough players in my team, but that's okay, as then I'm forced to go to the transfer market again. Which for the moment isn't a burden, but a treat! Once I get bored with this, I will increase transfer prices enough, so players won't get sold so quickly, and my team will get more stability.

Final Whistle (join) 17 May 2020, 14:36
As long as your stadium is not big enough and vifa rank high enough there is not a big isue if you dont have 1-2 players in your team.
You should worry when you get 1,5-2,5M/week from stadium. As each match lost risks loosing you points and supporters and match income over the next end of the season

Low Achievers (Aaron) 17 May 2020, 18:36
PSA:

Can everybody please create SOUTH AFRICAN youth players this week. Thank you! smiley

Wanyamas in Pyjamas (Oliver Spooner) 19 May 2020, 15:38
Things are picking up, trading is going fairly well and created a couple of talents in the last 2 weeks. Nothing major but a few mil a time helps!

Going to upgrade to black when I've got 22 players and 15m+ in the bank

Final Whistle (join) 19 May 2020, 22:23
Wanyamas in Pyjamas wrote:
Things are picking up, trading is going fairly well and created a couple of talents in the last 2 weeks. Nothing major but a few mil a time helps!

Going to upgrade to black when I've got 22 players and 15m+ in the bank
I see you're selling the 15yo you'll get good money, better upgrade ASAP don't wait.
players you'll find later you already have too many oldies, just lower the TL and get some cash, keep the minimum players and the rest invest in cheap trainable players. From LTF the facilities pay for themself...