Forums

Miscellaneous

Weekly VM Progression Chat (All Welcome)

Posted in General

Crackalackin (Leroy) 9 May 2020, 21:17
This week I’ve learnt the value of having back up subs. Had a few reds, and not had any back up. I wouldn’t have won the league anyways, but certainly lost/drew some winnable games.

On the market for some utility players smiley some that can play 7 positions smiley

Wanyamas in Pyjamas (Oliver Spooner) 9 May 2020, 21:21
Crackalackin wrote:
This week I’ve learnt the value of having back up subs. Had a few reds, and not had any back up. I wouldn’t have won the league anyways, but certainly lost/drew some winnable games.

On the market for some utility players smiley some that can play 7 positions smiley
haha a MD covers half the pitch pretty well always useful to have one of them on the bench smiley

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 9 May 2020, 21:21
Crackalackin wrote:

You can generally get away with two subs...
One DC and one MO. > With a bit of tinkering to your formation if necessary they'll cover everything
- so long of course as you're not missing 3 players at the same time smiley

Final Whistle (join) 9 May 2020, 22:57
Fc youngers wrote:
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
Fc youngers wrote:
Got relegated from division 2 in Brazil so sent an application to France and got placed in Ligue 1, looking forward to taking a hot n steamy battering
Your're probably gonna relegate in my division if you decide to stick around. It was rather easy but the last 2 seasons got harder and harder...
Gonna make sure I come 14th or 16th if I go down then
Seems you've locked the 14th place, so welcome!

Fc youngers (Marcus balogun) 9 May 2020, 23:47
Fc youngers wrote:
Fc youngers wrote:
Got relegated from division 2 in Brazil so sent an application to France and got placed in Ligue 1, looking forward to taking a hot n steamy battering
Your're probably gonna relegate in my division if you decide to stick around. It was rather easy but the last 2 seasons got harder and harder...
Gonna make sure I come 14th or 16th if I go down then
Seems you've locked the 14th place, so welcome!
We did much better than I thought we would, we somehow still have a chance of staying up

Proosterbos Cannibals (I quit) 10 May 2020, 09:36
The Cannibals are doing okay.

- We are promoting to 3rd division, and we are confident we won't get an immediate return ticket.
- This flipping players business is working well. Average profit is about 35-40% per player, and with about 4-5 pages of transfers per season, it adds up rather nicely. Disadvantage is that I have to adjust team tactics quite often :-)
- Extended stadium to 5400 seats.
- Had one would-be talent, and managed to sell him ASAP for about 0.6M.
- Average team rating went up from less than 20 to about 55, mainly by concentrating on older players. That should be enough to stay in the D3 I'm going to.
- 3 errors I've made:
* Hired a scout, but I don't have the money to act on his suggestions, so he'll have to look for a new club soon. Damage is about 100K
* Bought a player that went into retirement, so I lost the investment, but the damage was limited to about 100K
* I've let a player injured indefinitely go with a loss, fearing he wouldn't heal at all. I should have kept him on board. Damage about 100K.

One question though: when is it best to repair the stadium? For the moment I ignore the warnings that I get to repair the stadium, but I don't know if that's very smart. On the other hand, repairing stadium continuously is a rather heavy cost as well. What do you think?

Final Whistle (join) 10 May 2020, 09:40
Generally you should repair if you get the warning and are filling the stadium.
Apparently for each 1% under 80% condition you loose 1-2% of attendance.
it's better to rotate repairing of stadium stands so you don't have big expenditure each 2-4 seasons but constant small to medium repairs, until you get a more stable income.

Magic Monkeys (Josh) 10 May 2020, 11:13
I've stalled a little bit this week. Training hasn't been particularly kind to me, its up and down like a rollercoaster at the moment.

Made a couple more young signings that I'm quite happy with but really could use an injection of young Ukrainian midfielders but generally it's been a struggle finding the right players to bring in. Hoping that tonights youth 1 might be worth keeping hold of for at least a few weeks.

Expected to get senior squad promoted this season but that hasn't gone too plan either, overall hoping for a better upcoming season in all facets.

Final Whistle (join) 10 May 2020, 11:14
Magic Monkeys wrote:
I've stalled a little bit this week. Training hasn't been particularly kind to me, its up and down like a rollercoaster at the moment.

Made a couple more young signings that I'm quite happy with but really could use an injection of young Ukrainian midfielders but generally it's been a struggle finding the right players to bring in. Hoping that tonights youth 1 might be worth keeping hold of for at least a few weeks.

Expected to get senior squad promoted this season but that hasn't gone too plan either, overall hoping for a better upcoming season in all facets.
If you want I could promote Ucranians this week too smiley
I've started promoting talented youth lately it seems...

Magic Monkeys (Josh) 10 May 2020, 11:17
Magic Monkeys wrote:

If you want I could promote Ucranians this week too smiley
I've started promoting talented youth lately it seems...
The more Ukrainians being produced the more reasonable talents that will be created, so that would be much appreciated!