Forums

Miscellaneous

Weekly VM Progression Chat (All Welcome)

Posted in General

Wanyamas in Pyjamas (Oliver Spooner) 19 May 2020, 22:35
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
Wanyamas in Pyjamas wrote:
Things are picking up, trading is going fairly well and created a couple of talents in the last 2 weeks. Nothing major but a few mil a time helps!

Going to upgrade to black when I've got 22 players and 15m+ in the bank
I see you're selling the 15yo you'll get good money, better upgrade ASAP don't wait.
players you'll find later you already have too many oldies, just lower the TL and get some cash, keep the minimum players and the rest invest in cheap trainable players. From LTF the facilities pay for themself...
Yeah will be upgrading to black straight away, didn't expect this talent to go for as much as it will - my other one was rated better by my scout but got nowhere near that much

The oldies you refer to are purely profit making, no goal in having a team at all from them!

Low Achievers (Aaron) 19 May 2020, 23:26
It's a big risk having oldies to flip though. If that 35 year old one you have announces his retirement then all that potential money is gone. Have you not thought about getting younger players and trying to flip; maybe before a value jump or something? smiley

Wanyamas in Pyjamas (Oliver Spooner) 19 May 2020, 23:47
South Africa wrote:
It's a big risk having oldies to flip though. If that 35 year old one you have announces his retirement then all that potential money is gone. Have you not thought about getting younger players and trying to flip; maybe before a value jump or something? smiley
I did buy him as needed a DC to half have a team, only paid 450k on him so not disastrous if he does retire, i am going to drop him right down to shift but can usually shift those sort of players for around 800k

I generally like to trade 27-30yo where possible, depends what's available on the market

Wanyamas in Pyjamas (Oliver Spooner) 19 May 2020, 23:58
Upgraded to LTF smiley

Only another 175m to find to get to WCTF - Might get there by 2025...

Final Whistle (join) 20 May 2020, 01:32
Upgraded to LTF smiley

Only another 175m to find to get to WCTF - Might get there by 2025...
As I said, if you have the right players, young and talented, the training facilities pay for themselves in 2-3 months time. You'll get to PTF in 3-6 months

Wanyamas in Pyjamas (Oliver Spooner) 20 May 2020, 01:56
That person who bought my talent has stuck him straight back on auction

What is the point of that? Do they feel they got him cheap? or the train not as high as expected?

Seems strange when a player gets bought then straight back on auction

Final Whistle (join) 20 May 2020, 01:59
That person who bought my talent has stuck him straight back on auction

What is the point of that? Do they feel they got him cheap? or the train not as high as expected?

Seems strange when a player gets bought then straight back on auction
It is a frequent practice for 15yo especially when they have less than 8 trainings, so expect to see him 2-3 more times on TL by the end of the next week smiley
As for price I don't think he's under valued but not overpriced, it's on the high side for me to pay more, but I would buy him for some 20% discount or so...

Wanyamas in Pyjamas (Oliver Spooner) 20 May 2020, 02:00
[/quote]

It is a frequent practice for 15yo especially when they have less than 8 trainings, so expect to see him 2-3 more times on TL by the end of the next week smiley
As for price I don't think he's under valued but not overpriced, it's on the high side for me to pay more, but I would buy him for some 20% discount or so...
[/quote]

Fair enough, was he hoping to get a mega train to make a big profit out of it then?

Final Whistle (join) 20 May 2020, 03:25
Exactly, its what everyone's wxpecting out of 15yo...ive onky trained worse on long term so i should have sold in the beginning each of my youths... So far didn't sell any of them

Wanyamas in Pyjamas (Oliver Spooner) 20 May 2020, 03:39
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
Exactly, its what everyone's wxpecting out of 15yo...ive onky trained worse on long term so i should have sold in the beginning each of my youths... So far didn't sell any of them
Do you wish you sold that Preoteasa lad after 5 trains? Some crazy trains at the start