Forums

Miscellaneous

Weekly VM Progression Chat (All Welcome)

Posted in General

Low Achievers (Aaron) 8 April 2020, 18:33
Proosterbos Cannibals wrote:
Wanyamas in Pyjamas wrote:
Flipping players and the likes is still something far beyond my reach, I guess...
Definitely not

Depends on the amount of credits you have really but you want to be looking on the auctions at players older than 30 as you can get better rated players for cheap.

When buying on the auction check the transfer list too, you want to buy players off the auction CHEAPER than the same rated/abilities player on the transfer list.

Then simply stick him on the Transfer list for slightly less than other similar players. That way you're making credits whilst progressing up the leagues and increasing revenue
Hmm, I think that also older players are very, very expensive nowadays, also in auctions... Way too expensive for me, anyways, with only 350 k credits on my account...
Hunt for 15 year olds on the auction mate. If you need the image for training levels then let me know! smiley

Proosterbos Cannibals (I quit) 11 April 2020, 12:41
Low Achievers wrote:
Well, I just started playing this game last week, so amounts of 5m or so are still fat pigs flying in the sky.

I do have much experience in playing other football management games though, and just stumbled over this one when I was looking for something new. And as a matter of fact, though the pace is incredibly high (1 season per week!), I got pretty fond of the game.

Now I'm going to take some time to learn more about the ins and outs of this game, but looking at the transfer market prices for payers that come into my range (which are most likely absolute crap players for most of you guys), I have the impression that the transfer market has undergone a major fundamental change, and this quite recently. For me it is now a question of finding the opportunities on the transfer market, at an affordable price, and within the limitations of my club (e.g. no training facilities yet). Flipping players and the likes is still something far beyond my reach, I guess...
It's definitely still possible. You just have to be mindful that you have the lowest training ground and play off that, STAY ON IT; don't upgrade till you can go to training facility or further. I'm not sure if you're buying youths or not yet but give it a try, do you know what training results to look for on each ground/facility?
Still looking for 2 defenders now. The rest of the team looks okay now for the division I'm playing in, and probably won't have many problems to avoid relegation. I have been concentrating on old players, as suggested, to fill the team.

And flipping players, well, in the mean time I already have made some profit (on my own still very low level) on a few of them. There's only one very old player I sold with a loss, but that loss was limited.

Now still hoping for a lucky strike in the youth players, but that is a lottery. I'm not really focusing yet on finding would-be talents. The first team needs to be complete first, including 1 or 2 reserve players for every line, so I can use several different tactics to address my opponents. Once the first team is filled, I'll have a closer look to the youngsters.

By the way, I have looked into the noob bible and vmaninfo several times already, so I think I'm already a bit familiar with training levels and talent potential. But I always can learn more...

Thanks a lot to all of you ladies and gentlemen for the valuable tips you gave me!

Final Whistle (join) 11 April 2020, 15:14
Don't bother with tactics and having reserves at your level, it's useless overall, more so if you're not making huge money from stadium income... It's all random anyway

Wanyamas in Pyjamas (Oliver Spooner) 12 April 2020, 14:39

[/quote]

Last season: 2,808,951 (Div 2)
2020-13: 3,434,931 (Div 1)

Currently on 1.1m and back in Div 1 again. I'm currently maxing out my 20k stadium at 8c a game.

Takes approx 10 weeks to get your cash back from a stadium upgrade at my stage, reckon it's worth it?

[/quote]

This season: 3,542,060

Had a run to the quarters of the Scottish Cup but relegated again smiley

Low Achievers (Aaron) 12 April 2020, 14:41
If you're maxing it out then upgrade for sure, better in the long run! smiley

Final Whistle (join) 12 April 2020, 15:11
[quote=Wanyamas in Pyjamas]

[/quote]

Last season: 2,808,951 (Div 2)
2020-13: 3,434,931 (Div 1)

Currently on 1.1m and back in Div 1 again. I'm currently maxing out my 20k stadium at 8c a game.

Takes approx 10 weeks to get your cash back from a stadium upgrade at my stage, reckon it's worth it?

[/quote]

This season: 3,542,060

Had a run to the quarters of the Scottish Cup but relegated again smiley

[/quote]

From what I noticed in the 2nd division you should optimise the places for a 6C price, or 7 if you're top half the division. Maybe for the 1st division 7 for lower half and 8 on high. but certainly the matches against higher rated opponents would make the payback faster if you count coups and all you have more matches overall per season so more opportunities to make the money back faster.

I would even set some overall minimum stadium needed for promoting to a higher league, somewhere between 30K for 1st(or higher?) 20k for 2nd and 10k for 3rd. Otherwise there is a lot of lost income due to subdimensioned stadiums. Of course on short term the main impact is on the teams that have lower stadiums but on the long term it only allows for a monopoly for the teams with higher stadium that will allow them better players overall.

Wanyamas in Pyjamas (Oliver Spooner) 12 April 2020, 16:09
I'm currently maxing out my 26.2k stadium on 8 credits, the only teams i don't get full credits against is bottom few teams and poor teams in cup but even then it's still better to do 8 than to drop to 7 or 6.

Will be interesting to see how it fares next season in div 2 but when i was last in it i maxed out a 20k stadium on 8 credits for the majority of games.

If i continue to max out in div 2 I'll probably go for another 5m stadium upgrade over pushing for div 1 again

Wanyamas in Pyjamas (Oliver Spooner) 12 April 2020, 16:10
Also is there any real benefits of upgrading the pitch?

Low Achievers (Aaron) 12 April 2020, 16:18
Wanyamas in Pyjamas wrote:
Also is there any real benefits of upgrading the pitch?
It reduces the amount of injuries you get I believe.

Wanyamas in Pyjamas (Oliver Spooner) 12 April 2020, 16:20
The upgrade says by 2%, i mean that's nothing really is it